County Finance Assistants Job at ABT Associates
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Supervisor: Country Finance and Administration Manager
No Required: 2 (1 Migori and 1 Homabay)
Overall Purpose: The major purpose is to support the Country Finance and Administration Manager in collecting the required information from county sites for processing payment of sub-county spraying staff in addition to observing proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls in Sub-county field stations.
Responsibilities for the County Finance Assistants Job
- Assist in developing a database of all field staff involved in the county spraying
- Ensuring that the daily work logs are completed and submitted by team leaders and supervisors.
- Obtains and maintains personal information from all county spray teams which is used in administering their pay e.g. ID number, telephone numbers, etc.
- Compile team member payroll data and other records to ensure the timely and accurate disbursement of payments; calculate wages, and pay adjustments in the payroll process.
- Assist in review of the financial data from field stations by verifying the accuracy of information/support documentations and reasonableness of costs.
- Organize the financial document filing system for the county.
- Ensure payments are processed in a timely manner as per the payment schedule
- Communicate with finance clerks via email and phone to ensure information required for payments is captured and processed correctly
- Research and resolve any payroll or vendor payment issues
- Data entry on payroll and vendor registry
- Provide high level of customer service to all staff and external vendors of the organization
- Maintain strict confidentiality as it relates to all information.
- Aid in generating ad hoc reports from multiple financial systems
- Assist in verifying and processing of payments
- Perform other ad hoc projects duties as assigned by supervisor
County Finance Assistants Job Qualifications
- Training in accounting/finance or its equivalent preferably CPA (K)
- Additional 1 year experience working as an account clerk in a busy professional environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of payroll processing and reporting
- Excellent levels of numeracy and computer literacy
- High accuracy and productivity
- Strong organizational skills
- Financial services operations or administrative experience a plus
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to use spreadsheets and other accounting software
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to Kenya_IRSJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Environmental Compliance Assistant” and specify the location/ward preferred by COB Wednesday, September 12th, 2018.
Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies.