Head of Communications & Marketing Job at Sapphire Concepts Kenya
Reports to: Chief Operating officer
Purpose of the Position
The Head of Communications and Marketing serves as the arbiter of the brand voice and organizational storyteller. S/he is responsible for leading the communications department and guiding content production to ensure that external messaging remains consistent in brand, quality and tone and aligns with objectives. In consultation with senior management, s/he will be responsible for the development of communications and marketing strategy and plans, issues management and stakeholder relations strategies and will be charged with developing content that engages key stakeholder groups in support of strategic objectives. This is a fast?paced role and requires the candidate to be proactive and demonstrate a high degree of leadership, flexibility and initiative.
Responsibilities for the Head of Communications & Marketing Job
- Responsible for developing and executing the organization’s communications, marketing and public relations strategy and plans, including content marketing and social media strategy
- Manage the planning, execution and evaluation of all communications and marketing materials to ensure clear, effective communication with customers and other stakeholders and alignment with organizational objectives and priorities
- Oversee the end to end delivery of projects and services related to the development of original content
- Develop and execute integrated campaigns that leverage content to build engagement
- Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities. Serve as the lead writer, editor and primary contact for content review and approvals
- Develop a wide range of communications and materials for external audiences and customers,
- Continuously measure and evaluate communications and marketing performance through the use of analytics to maximize effectiveness and budget efficiency of initiatives
- Oversee the maintenance and regular updating of the organization’s website
- Advise the executive team, board of directors and other stakeholders on strategies and key messages for responding to media inquiries and interview requests
- Manage and oversee the successful implementation of key company events, both internally and externally.
Head of Communications & Marketing Job Qualifications
- Degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field
- 5+ years management experience in a communications or marketing role
- Expertise in developing and implementing communications, marketing and social media strategy
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, design and presentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Experience identifying and analysing emerging issues and developing strategic responses
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Self?motivated and proactive individual with excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a content based industry is considered an asset, such as publishing, media, communications or related field.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Communication & Marketing Manager Position) to email@example.com before Friday 24th August 2018.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.