Social Worker Job at We World
Vacancy Code: SW/WWKF/KEN/001/2018
Apply before: 4th July 2018
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Narok with frequent missions in project villages (Narok County)
We World is an Italian-based independent, non-sectarian and nonpartisan organization. It operates in developing countries and its aim is to improve the living conditions of populations in the poorest areas. We World cooperates in the realization of long-term development Projects in Africa, Asia and South America.
In all its projects and through the involvement of the entire community, We World operates with the main objective of tackling the causes and consequences of poverty. For this purpose, Education and Health are the priority intervention areas in its fight against the consequences of poverty; whereas the causes of poverty are fought through Food Safety and Economic Development Projects; finally, special care is given in all Projects to child protection, the Environment, Community participation and Equality in general.
We World has been working in Kenya since 2010 in collaboration with local development partners in Nyamira, Migori, Homabay and Narok areas. The projects are mainly focused on promoting child rights in education and health. A special attention is also paid in promoting the rights of women and girls. Actions on advocacy and education for development are also carried out.
The purpose of this post is to deliver day-to-day planning, initiation and implementation of “Child sponsorship” project, Kuboresha, Kudumisha na Kulinda (3K) executed by WeWorld Kenya Foundation in Narok County.The project entitled Kuboresha, Kudumisha na Kulinda (3 K) Narok Project is designed to improve the well-being of school going children in Narok South, North and East sub-counties of Narok County by increasing school retention rates, improving school health and nutritional status and strengthening child protection systems.
The Social worker will undertake all project related activities that may include among others: training, awareness raising and forums with opinion leaders etc. liaising closely with the project Manager and the Nairobi project office.
Social Worker Job Responsibilities
- Support the Project Manager in the execution of the activities according to the project proposal and implementation framework
- Maintain the relationships with the communities and provide frequent feedback to the Project Manager on issues and needs expressed by the beneficiaries and the stakeholders
- Collect project information (records, surveys, assessments, etc.) and draft regularly field reports
- Assist the Project Manager in carrying out and monitoring project activities (especially distributions of project items in schools, support in monitoring the development of infrastructure (classrooms, latrines and hand washing facilities) in schools infrastructural and monitor the dissemination/roll out of project designed trainings.
- Complete administrative and operational tasks related to every project activity
- Assist We World long distance sponsorship team (LDS) in executing their work in Narok.
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualification for the Social Worker Job
- At least 3 years’ experience as social worker in rural and community development
- Diploma in Community Development or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work is an asset
- Experience in development projects (especially child protection, education, health and economic development)
- Previous experience with NGOs
- Experience as trainer on Adolescence Sexual Reproductive Health(ASRH), Child Protection, HIV/AIDS, familiarity with School Health Policy (SHP) and motorcycle license are an asset
- Proficient spoken and written English and Kiswahili Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Kenyan nationality
- Strong organizational skills
- Rigor and autonomy
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very flexible, patient and with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong observation, analytical and listening skills
- Ability to negotiate/mediate/interpret
Type Contract: 1 year contract renewable (after 3 months of successful probation period)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV by email clearly stating in the subject Vacancy No: SW/WWKF/KEN/001/2018 *to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th July 2018 and attach a recent recommendation letter from one of the last employers.*
Specify on the CV the last gross salary received and two references, indicating telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.