Electrical Technician Job at Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) which was established in 1978 is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya.
ICPAK draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008 and has been dedicated to the development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavour on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute. Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable terms of service.
The Electrical Technician will perform planned and reactive electrical maintenance works at the CPA Centre complex, Ruaraka – Thika Road. He / She will assist the department in trouble shooting all issues relating to electrical works and supervising all outsourced and planned maintenance of equipment.
Electrical Technician Job Responsibilities
The Electrical Technician shall report to the Facilities Manager and shall perform the following essential duties and responsibilities as stated here below:
- General electrical maintenance, repairs and electrical Inspections Maintenance of electrical water pumps
- Maintenance of Electrical Fence Approval and inspections of electrical works being done by tenants
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Supervise all outsourced and planned maintenance on all equipment within the CPA Centre.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Direct and train maintenance team to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Maintenance of solar power system
- Maintenance of mechanical ventilation Candidate Profile:
Qualifications for the Electrical Technician Job
- Qualification in Diploma or Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- 6 years of post-qualification experience in a busy Electrical Engineering unit
- Experience in Mechanical Maintenance will be an added advantage
Knowledge & Competencies
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in a building environment
- Knowledge of HVAC Knowledge of Fire alarms, CCTV, Access Control
- Familiarity with building services essential; electrical infrastructure etc.
- Should show competence in solar energy, electric fence installation and maintenance Have excellent communication skills Have a positive attitude
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary. Applications should be received through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Friday 20th July 2018.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.