IT Security Operations Officer Job at Co-operative Bank
This is a high visibility role which forms a critical part in monitoring network activities and reporting on any security related anomalies. This role will also support ICT projects from InfoSec standpoint.
It provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s ICT Security environment and exposure to many business areas. The successful candidate will also have an ideal opportunity to be an integral part of the organization and to really make a difference.
Reporting to Head – ICT Security Operations, the role holder will form the Security Operations Center and will enforce security by detecting and initiating appropriate responses to threats within and external to the banks networks.
He/ she will review systems to enforce compliance and user management policies such as least privilege access controls as well as operate and maintain ICT Security solutions and act as business support to consumers of the security solutions.
IT Security Operations Officer Job Responsibilities
- Develop and document cybersecurity-monitoring metrics for the bank by providing 24×7 monitoring of the bank systems, databases and networks for cybersecurity incidents, breaches or policy violations.
- Review and edit event correlation rules; perform triage on these alerts by determining their criticality and scope of impact; evaluate attribution and adversary details as well as indicators of compromise.
- Track risks related to system uptime and ensure that all systems are available and working optimally in line with Confidentiality, Integrity, and availability requirements.
- Provide security Monitoring by analyzing alerts from various security monitoring solutions and SIEM; investigating indicators of compromise (IOCs like file hashes, IP addresses, domains, etc.)
- Review system and application logs for IOCs and identify any anomalous behavior based on user activities as well as edit event correlation rules; perform triage on these alerts by determining their criticality and scope of impact; evaluate attribution and adversary details and indicators of compromise.
- Respond to user queries on matters relating to cyber security, review the latest alerts to determine relevancy & urgency and create new trouble tickets for alerts that signal an incident and require Tier 2 / Incident Response review.
- Research, implement and maintain new integrations with Security Tools and Technology to increase visibility and decrease time to respond.
- Conduct sessions with ICT to demonstrate security posture as well as highlight key policy lapses with recommendations as identified from logs.
- Conduct analysis and research and recommend means of tightening existing controls based on prevailing detected incidents, Enforce compliance across operational business applications against documented policies and baselines.
Requirements for the IT Security Operations Officer Job
- An IT related Bachelor’s degree or Business related degree with relevant IT Security professional qualifications i.e. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)/ Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification/ Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) CCIE (Security), CEH, CHP or other relevant security certifications.
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading ICT Security Services Strong knowledge of security architectures and technologies including assessment, methodologies, compliance standards etc.
- Knowledge of security standards and compliance like PCI, HIPAA, Sarbanes Oxley, ISO 27001, NIST, CSF, COBIT, ITIL, SANS 20.
- Good understanding and knowledge of security assessment, vulnerability management, penetration testing methodologies and toolsets.
- Working knowledge and experience in penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Knowledge of common cybersecurity threats and sources of cybersecurity information.
- Good understanding and knowledge of risk assessment, risk procedures, security assessment, vulnerability management, penetration testing.
How to Apply