Graphic Design & Digital Media Internship at World Vision East Africa
Period of internship: Last week of July 2018 – January 2019 (6 months)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
A small stipend will be offered for the position.
World Vision East Africa Regional Office World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
The East Africa Regional Office, operating in nine countries of East Africa namely; Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda is looking for a Communications interns to work in its Nairobi office.
We’re looking for a graphic design and digital media intern to help our team that’s supporting national offices and various projects in East Africa.
Graphic Design & Digital Media Internship Responsibilities
- Strengthen brand identity of World Vision disaster management by developing communication products that include digital media, reports, publications, flyers, posters, etc.
- Develop, execute and report on social media engagement plans
- Create concepts and ideas to visually communicate our brand and goals
- Partner with regional communications team to design concepts for campaigns, events and other special projects
- Ensure content and design align with the house style and brand
- Expand World Vision’s reach in East Africa by advising on use of content distribution services
- Engage in internal communications activities for broad exposure to the organization
Qualifications for the Graphic Design & Digital Media Internship
- Experience in graphic design and use of graphic design software a must. You need to know how to use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop at an advanced level.
- Experience in multimedia, marketing, desktop design, journalism, media and/or communication industry
- Education qualifications in marketing, communications, journalism, media, graphic design
- Sharp sense of graphic design and digital media trends
- Excellent analytical skills to translate complex ideas into aesthetically pleasing, understandable, attention-grabbing information
- Strong English writing skills Assets:
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Typo3, FileMaker is an advantage
- Video development Languages: Excellent oral and written English.
How to Apply
Kindly send applications to email@example.com indicating the job title. ‘Graphic Design and Digital Media Internship’ as the email subject by close of business on 22 June 2018