Internship at MDN Kenya
MDN KENYA is a firm of Certified Public Accountants, established in Nairobi in 1985, and has evolved over the years through mergers and re-organizations to become the firm it is today.
The firm offers pro-active, client-focused professional advice on corporate and business matters to organizations and individuals in Kenya and overseas. We are committed to providing a high-quality service that represents value for money. To achieve this, we invest time in gaining a thorough understanding of each client’s business and developing close working relationships. This enables us to put forward relevant ideas and advice and to identify and resolve issues efficiently.
We are looking for an intern to support both the Audit and Tax departments.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the incumbent will be required but not limited to;
- Organise and file audit workpapers and supplementary documentation.
- Assist in preparing audit work papers in compliance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Assist in audit planning, risk assessment and materiality and documented audit procedures.
- Assist with preparing and validating month end close schedules and analysis.
- Assist in performing account reconciliations.
- Assist in various system related projects, including but not limited to performing testing and documentation.
- Take the role in the audit as a professional team member to perform in simple part of the financial statement.
- Support audit work in real projects together with MDN professionals.
- Take part in a professional learning and development scheme.
- Support in tax compliance preparation and completion.
- Support in preparing/reviewing corporate tax calculations that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements.
- Complete other administration task as required by both Audit & Tax departments.
Qualifications for the Internship
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from a recognized institution.
- CPA (K) or ACCA certification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in accounting software i.e. quick books, sage and pastel.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess high sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and report accurately and timely.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Enthusiastic, demonstrate “can do” and “team working” attitude with an ability to learn quickly.
- Good analytical skills and enjoy working with numbers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good command of English.
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd May 2018.