Information Architect Job at KCB Bank
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the incumbent is responsible for developing IT information models (message protocols, defined data structures, schemas, information types and workflows) and relating documentation for IT Systems in use by or to be procured by the Bank in line with Bank policy, Business Processes, Architecture and Best Practice, standards and methods
Information Architect Job Responsibilities
- Coordinating information flow through the enterprise, eliciting business requirements and generation / development of relevant business requirements documentation.
- Translate user needs into functional requirements. Identify user requirements by researching and analysing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labelling, meeting with focus groups.
- Investigating the requirements of the customers for the content and structure of information deliverables.
- Perform a content inventory showing all content elements, relationships and dependencies.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns and studying user feedback.
- Communicating with clients to understand their business requirements. Ensure documented content meets audience and organization needs as well as analysing users experience and their problems
- Developing practical plans in order to support organizational development. Identify content that helps support user goals and business goals.
- Keeps up-to-date and knowledgeable about industry trends and emerging technologies associated with Enterprise Information Architecture.
- Developing and building consensus for a strategic vision and roadmap for the organization to identify and prioritize information architecture projects and investments, consistent with the business strategies, which includes information governance policies and processes for the management and use of information.
- Lead the identification and analysis of the Bank’s business drivers to derive Enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Assess the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement in line with the Bank’s strategy and delivery priority of the IT programs.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the Enterprise Architecture models based on business requirements and Information Technology strategies.
- Market the Enterprise Architecture function, process and results, in particular to the business side of the Bank.
- Establish standards, guidelines, checklists and processes for architectural development and compliance.
- To build and maintain productive relations with Sector Heads/Relationship teams/Product houses/Finance/ stakeholders to drive delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the specific sectors or portfolio.
- Ensure timely preparation of relevant reports, financial and performance metrics’ and cascade to the team in a timely manner or as per SLA.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications for the Information Architect Job
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following minimum requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field from a recognized and reputable University.
- Professional IT certifications in the following: ITIL Foundation; Prince2 Practitioner; Business Analysis e.g. CBAP
- Other relevant Technical Certifications e.g. SQL, Data Modeling, Software Development
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience in a similar business analysis related role
- Ability to perform impact analysis of new and proposed architectures in relation to the current landscape and available technologies utilized in the IT environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, formulate, and present complex business demands / requirements via comprehensible models and templates.
- Hands on experience with project methodologies i.e. SDLC processes & agile based development methodology.
- Knowledge of SOA approach and its implementation, web-based systems architecture, enterprise application integration as well as experience managing expectations and priorities.
- Knowledge of data representation in JSON, XML, XSLT mapping and usage of SOAP/HTTP, REST and JMS/MQ protocols.
- Working experience in UML.
- Good working experience with all the tiers of architecture – infrastructure, database, integration, application, UI, network and security.
- Must have a strong and proven software development background.
- Sound knowledge of various messaging architectures.
- Participation in key/large projects as an architect.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; self-motivated, dynamic, team player, result driven, relationship builder, independent worker with excellent interpersonal relation building skills.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday 21st May, 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable