Department: Commercial Services
Reports To: Manager Property & Facilities
To Assist the Property & Facilities Manager with all on-site operations and achieving property financial and operational objectives. Oversees property maintenance, accounts payable/receivable and assists with capital projects. Works with the Property Manager to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with all County and National lord/tenant and real estate laws.
Key Responsibilities for the Property Officer Job
- Assist in the administration of office leases and maintain an accurate and up to date office property files, lease files and databases. 30%
- Participate in any relocation, fit-out or project situations as directed and/or as required.30%
- Reconciliation and production of the monthly rental run including outgoing/adjustment reconciliation and audit property related accounts for certification prior to payment. 30%
- Participate in the purchasing function of the unit, including sourcing quote and preparing orders for furniture and equipment as required or as directed.10%
- Customer Service Skills: Property Officer work with tenants to make them happy, and work to get new tenants.
- Negotiating Skills: Property Officer will have to work out details with potential tenants, put bids out for work or service on the property, and deal with many people both internally and externally.
- Organizational Skills: There are many facets to a property Officer’s day. Working with tenants, with local government, with public works and paying bills. Organization to get it all done is key.
- Communication Skills: Property Officer often must speak with tenants, resolve disputes, entice new tenants, and answer questions. Good communication is key.
- Knowledge of national / county regulations: To comply with all relevant legislation to ensure effectiveness in the role.
- Knowledge of application software e.g. Project management application, excel , etc. – To create and maintain authentic, timely and reliable records in relation to your duties. To take due care and attention when gathering, recording and manipulating data.
Property Officer Job Qualifications
- Three years’ experience in similar role.
- Degree in a related field preferred (Project management, supply chain , land Economics )
- Proven Marketing and leasing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
How to Apply