HR & Admin Assistant Director Job Kenya at Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation was established by an Act of parliament (The Science and Technology Act Cap. 250 of the Laws of Kenya of 1979) which has since been repealed by The Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013.
The Institute mandate is to undertake research in marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, in order to provide scientific data and information for sustainable exploitation, management and conservation of Kenya’s fisheries resources, and contribute to National strategies of food security, poverty alleviation, clean environment and creation of employment as provided for under vision 2030.
The Institute has Research Centers and Stations located at Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, Naivasha, Baringo, Kegati, Sangoro, Sagana and Turkana.
KMFRI is seeking to recruit self-motivated professionals who are team players to fill the following vacant positions within its approved establishment:
HR & Admin Assistant Director Job Responsibilities
The officer will be the head of the human resource section and his/her duties and responsibilities will include:
- Proposals on policy formulation on management issues.
- Human resource planning.
- Training and development.
- Establishment and compliment control.
- Formulating documents on terms and condition of service.
- Handling of industrial relations matters.
- Management of staff salaries
- Supervision of policy implementation.
- Interpretation of existing policies and circulars from the public service.
- Planning and coordinating Human Resource activities.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the HR & Admin Assistant Director Job
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) of at least mean grade “C+” (Plus) or its equivalent;
- Bachelor’s honors degree in Human Resource Management or Personnel Management or Industrial Relations or Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or Personnel Management or Industrial Relations or Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Attended professional and administrative courses or equivalent in a recognized institution;
- Satisfactorily served as Chief Human Resource Management Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years; and
- Must be computer literate.
- Member of a relevant professional body.
Remuneration – Basic salaries per cadre will be as follows:-
Salary: 109,089 – 144,928
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications with a detailed resume and copies of certificates, transcripts and other testimonials to the address shown below not later than 2nd May 2018. Please note that one of the applications for each position MUST be received in hard copy.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
KMFRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.