Senior Research Officer Job at The Kenya National Examinations Council
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, to conduct School and Post School Examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates and diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations.
The Council is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individual with excellent leadership and technical skills, team players, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are able to work in a high pressure environment.
Senior Research Officer: KNEC EC SCALE 12 (3 POSTS)
The Senior Research Officer will report and be answerable to the Head of Section in Research Division.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Masters Degree in Education (Measurement and Evaluation) or equivalent qualification
- Must have served as Research Officer I for at least 3 years or 9 years cumulative relevant work experience handling examinations related research in a reputable institution;
- Senior Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a reputable institution will be an added advantage;
- Well grounded in the theory and practice of educational research, assessment and psychometrics as well as curriculum development and implementation
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and execution of research processes in examinations
- Ensure proper management of examinations award processes;
- Coordinate monitoring of examinations processes
- Analyze statistical data related to examinations and produce reports.
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
In this regard, the candidates should obtain clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms Of Offer
The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200 NAIROBI
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply. For more details log into KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke