Facilities Supervisor Job at Nova Pioneer
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration.
Learn more about our learning approach here. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Being the go-to-person on the team when it comes to campus cleanliness, maintenance & repairs, facilities management, security and utilities.
- Responsible for the operation, supervision and maintenance of building systems to provide continuous supply of water, electrical power, and other utilities required for operations.
- Inspect the building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions in need of repair.
- Prepare a schedule for maintenance matters with the operations team and agree when work will be carried out.
- Perform routine building maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Minimize maintenance disruptions to the running of the school.
- Adequately respond to maintenance requests.
- Ensure that all building management equipment has an appropriate policy and standard level.
- Respond adequately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in facilities management.
- Degree or Diploma in a related field.
- You strive for excellence in every detail of your work and inspire and challenge everyone around you to do the same. You take pleasure in excellence more than credit or status.
- You demonstrate capacity to analyze complex situations and solve problems
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide a clear and effective written and verbal communication to the leadership team.
- You have an exceptional ability to think strategically and yet you sweat the small stuff—people see you as unusually detail-oriented and conscientious.
- You have the ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive matters.
- You have a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- You are proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then Apply Here for Facilities Supervisor Job
To apply, please complete the form on the right -hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications for this role will close on 2nd March 2018. All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps within a week after this closing date.