Assistant Accountant Job at Mantrac Kenya Ltd
Mantrac Kenya Ltd the Caterpillar authorized dealer in Kenya: sells and services earthmoving, Power Generating, Material Handling and Mining Equipment.
Mantrac Kenya Ltd is part of Mantrac Group who are Caterpillar dealers of heavy machinery in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Egypt, Iraq and UK international sales.
To help us achieve our growth strategy, we are looking for qualified talent in the below fields.
Qualified candidates will be assessed on right attitude and work ethic culture. In return Mantrac will offer unparalleled personal growth opportunities and develop your whole—person to fit into a multidisciplinary workplace.
Job Outline: To assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company
- Review daily cash balances and payments to monitor usage of cash resources;
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions;
- Deliver weekly and monthly cash flow reporting accurately and on time for review;
- Ensure petty cash controls are adhered to;
- Compiling of the daily and monthly liquidity position reports;
- Ensure liquidity reports complies with minimum requirements at all times and that the report is handed in timeously and correctly to all relevant parties involved;
- Prepare reconciliation for all bank and cash accounts;
- Ensure accuracy of Interbank movements and interest accruals;
- Assess accuracy of all treasury expenses and bank charges;
- Review petty cash expenses and petty cash payments.
Company Insurance Matters
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager and ensure that all company assets are properly covered against all insurable risks at all times;
- Receive and process details of all insurance claims and communicate to the insurance brokers on an ongoing basis;
- Plan periodical review meetings with insurance brokers to review covers taken and outstanding claims;
- Plan annual meeting in the month of November to discuss the insurance renewals for the coming year.
- Ensure that proper record keeping procedures are in place and adhered to;
- Continuously scrutinise and improve existing procedures;
- Ensure proper knowledge of systems and procedures;
- Ensure timeously completion of all correspondence to banks, customers and insurance counter parties;
- Responsible for Data Quality and follow-up of incorrect transactions;
- Experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses.
- Writing and Reporting skills.
- Planning & Organising.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking.
- 4 Years Banking & accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the system and processing activities.
- Professional image and grooming.
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Bank products knowledge.
- Holder of a University degree either in Business, Finance or Accounting from a reputable university.
- Certified Accountant CPA (K) or ACCA.
- Proficiency in a computerized environment with ability to use specialized ERP software.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of computer especially Microsoft office applications.
How to Apply
Your soft copy application letter and curriculum vitae indicating your regular telephone number should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than 16th February 2018.