Medanta Africare Procurement Assistant Jobs Jan 2018
Procurement Assistant job opportunities
Medanta Africare is a world class healthcare service provider which prides in offering precise and timely diagnosis to our clients and patients across Africa and is located in Nairobi, Kenya.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the followings position in Nairobi;
Under the direct supervision of Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to the facility.
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Procurement Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Assistance with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch by fax and messenger;
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals.
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- Researching pricing obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
- Assist with the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of the all documentation until the award of the contract
- Preparation of management information and statistical report;
- Receive the approved requisitions by Head of Procurement and process the appropriate documents procedures for local purchases/Services/Contracts;
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the material needed.
- Process and appropriate document and forms for issuing the petty cash from the cashier;
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed. Find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary;
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Perform other duties related field as assigned by supervisor.
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
Qualifications for the Procurement Assistant Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Procurement/Purchasing and supplies or a relevant field is an distinct advantage.
- 3 to 4 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement.
- At least 1 year experience with a Medical facility is essential
- Knowledge of Hospital procurement procedures is highly desirable
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate the Internet.
How to Apply
Interested and only suitably qualified individuals should forward: a cover letter and CV including expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, Friday, 12th January 2018.Please mention the Position in the subject.