We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the IT Planning and Delivery Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Architecture and Design the holder of the position will create technical solutions for business problems, utilizing available IT assets. The role holder will act as the technical subject matter expert on IT systems, providing and articulating forward-looking technical proposals for implementation either to cover existing functionality gaps or to generate new innovative commercial products and business services. He/She will also act as an Information Technology evangelist to business.
Responsibilities for the IT Solutions Architect Job
- Translate documented business requirements into a technical solution design for implementation;
- Collaboratively oversee the development of the solution as per agreed architecture;
- Provide solution architecture input into all new system tenders;
- Maintain up to date EA documentation;
- Maintain updated IT service catalogue documentation;
- Proactively communicate to business stakeholders on the available IT capabilities.
IT Solutions Architect Job Requirements
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Solution Architecture skills ( Advanced level);
- 5 years of software development experience in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis and design;
- Advanced skills in logical and physical data modeling, relational databases;
- Experience in multiple programming languages and Web services;
- Experience with both UNIX and Windows platforms are necessary;
- Knowledge of networking-TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing;
- Knowledge of security-encryption (SSL), certificates, firewalls, VPN, IPSec, etc;
- Experience integrating products into legacy systems;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Desire to continually learn new skills
- Experience in cloud and managed services will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
End Date: 19-Jan-2018