Jan 2018 – Human Resources Officer Kenyan Jobs
Duma Works is recruiting a Marketing Manager for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading manufacturer in Kenya.
Department/Function: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Location: Nairobi Kenya
To provide overall HR support to enhance business performance through appropriate advice and facilitation of robust, integrated people management strategies and processes. Ensure the maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict compliance with HR policies as defined by the company and local regulatory authorities.
Human Resources Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provide effective supervisory and administrative support in the implementation of human resource policies, plans and procedures.
- Prepare data for use in forecasting and planning the talent pipeline requirements In line with the function strategic plans.
- Coordinate all middle and junior cadre recruitment activities and on-boarding processes in line with the company policy, to meet overall company objectives.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR Business Plan as well as participating in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Oversee maintenance of an efficient and effective filing system for HR documents, including the filing in staff and subject files and ensuring efficiency in overall Registry Administration.
- Oversee all employee exit related activities in accordance with the relevant labor legislation, ensuring that company interests are adequately taken care of.
- Prepare and collate data for preparation of Monthly Management Review Reports.
- Submit monthly probationary report and share the same with the supervisors a month before the probation end date.
- Support payroll administration, and efficient maintenance of the HRMIS in the ERP.
- Coordinate Employee of the Month/Year nomination and recognition processes.
- Conduct disciplinary process for all middle and junior cadre employees in line with the Company Policy, Code of Conduct and Employment law.
- Provide effective Supervisory Support in the management of Employee Performance across the company
- Support the HR Manager in liaising with the Departmental Trainers to deliver and evaluate effectiveness of approved Training programs, for all middle and Supervisory staff so as to enhance efficiency and take the brand to the next level.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory obligations.
- Ensure preparation of Daily attendance reports sharing the same with the Directors and other relevant parties.
Qualifications for the Human Resources Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- Higher Diploma In Human Resources Management
- IHRM Membership.
- Demonstrable knowledge of labour laws
- 5 years’ experience 2 of which should have been spent in as similar position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Very strong personality and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good team player
- High level of commitment to duty, and discipline.
- Demonstrable ability to put customer interests first.
- Strong focus on impact
- Unquestionable level of integrity.
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3192”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3192 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 31 January 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.