Fundraising and Developments Officer jobs in Kenya Jan 2018
2018 Fundraising and Developments Officer recruitment – Kenya
Fundraising and Developments Officer Vacancies – Kenya Jan 2018
Job Vacancy: Fundraising and Developments Officer
Ujamaa – Africa, is an NGO that promotes economic empowerment, personal security and health for vulnerable women through prevention strategies.
We are continuously carrying out fundraising efforts to sustain and scale up our interventions to new areas. We are also continually communicating with various government agencies and other NGO’s working in our field in order to facilitate productive collaborations.
Role: We are looking for a communications and fundraising professional keen to be an integral part of local and international fundraising team working on securing grants in the prevention of Gender Based Violence.
This efforts are geared towards accelerating the growth of fundraising across a diversified range of income streams to achieve long term, sustainable income growth.
To develop partnerships and supporter relationships which enhance the wish experience, generate donations in-kind and improve understanding of the impact of a wish.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of quality proposals, targeted at both in-country donors and corporates as well as external donors for achievement of a diversified grants income as per the targets agreed in the Country Strategy Program;
- Diversification of grants income as per targets agreed in the Country Strategic Program;
- Provide effective management of relationships with donors and National Offices;
- Provide effective management of grants including grants systems as well as quality and timely reports;
- Management and coordination of concept papers and proposal development and dissemination;
- Support Program Coordinators in grants development and management related roles;
- Complete the development of a local fund-raising strategy, action plan and implementation with regular review and revision;
- Manage performance of the grants team
- Lead the development and implementation of a 3 year fundraising strategy that underpins strategic goals to accelerate income growth in a sustainable manner across a diverse range of income streams and embed a culture of fundraising across the organization
- Lead the development and implementation of a 3 year fundraising plan, which includes key activities, areas of required investment, KPIs and milestones as well as the projected growth of fundraising income
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop a KPI framework and reporting systems which provides the basis for performance to be managed across Fundraising in line with the achievement of the 3 year plans
- Establish a range of new income streams, with a particular emphasis on the application of digital technology e.g. the use of Crowd funding, as the basis for establishing a more diverse range of income
- To assist in establishing structures, processes, competencies and systems to ensure the Fundraising department is fully equipped to accelerate growth, establish a diversified and sustainable income base, contribute towards the wish experience and improve the public’s understanding of the impact of a wish
- Through the development of supporter journeys, the development of networks and appropriate propositions and the establishment of a calendar of major donor events, to establish a portfolio of mid and major donors that provide a sustainable source of income and donations in-kind to Ujamaa
- Grow income from events and manage key relationships with committee members
- Inspire and develop all members of the Fundraising department
- Work closely with the CEO and remainder of the management to provide leadership to Ujamaa as a whole.
- Feed into the development and implementation of the strategic plans of the organization
- The post holder will be required to initiate, develop and maintain a range of working relationships.
- Effective working relationships are critical for this position, including with donors, implementing partners, National Offices, International Headquarters, Regional Offices, other Country Offices, and with Program Unit Managers, CMT members, and other staff as relevant.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, or other related discipline
- Proven experience in local fundraising, strategic planning and marketing
- 3 years relevant experience in a large INGO or similar at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in the grants development and management
- A good understanding of programmes.
- A commitment to, and understanding of participatory approaches to development.
- Excellent fundraising, proposal and report writing skills for different donor requirements – institutional, corporate and other donors.
- Planning skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent grant management skills, including ability to identify challenges and provide or work with teams to propose possible solutions
- Knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support staff working on grant-related programmes
- Strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills
- Networking and relationship development skills
- Strong team building and motivational skills
- Ability to interact and work effectively with others
- Proficient in computer use.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered until January 31, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to: –
The Human Resources Officer, Ujamaa Africa, and P.O Box 18265-00100 Nairobi.
For more information about Ujamaa visit www.ujamaa-africa.org
No related posts.