Social Worker Coordinator NGO Jobs Opening 2017/2018
2018 Social Worker Coordinator recruitment – Kenya
Section: Member/Client Services
Department: Essential Services
Location / Work station: Kibera
Reports to: Site Director/Manager
Direct reports: Social workers:, Health, ECD, Education
Responsible for overall coordination and management of psycho-social activities of SHOFCO programs that improve the quality of life and well-being of individuals, groups, and communities through direct practice, policy development, organizing communities and outreach and crisis intervention.
Social Worker Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Provide strategic management for social work in ECD, Education and Health.
Manage program development and strategic growth of social work department to ensure targets and goals are met.
- Evaluate, interpret and apply all policies and procedures relating to the social work services for staff, management and clients.
- Develop a marketing strategy for program visibility.
- Monitor expenditure for services provided and make appropriate recommendation for action as necessary.
- Network with relevant agencies for effective referrals and collaborations.
- Control and coordinate the work of social workers and ensure they are scheduled according to client requirements.
- Coordinate, supervise and mentor social workers in the various program areas.
- Ensure integration of social work with other SHOFCO programs for holistic approach.
- Recruit and develop capacity of staff to draw key performance indicators and link them with program goals and objectives.
- Work with program beneficiaries such as caregivers and other relevant institutions for community participation.
- Review social work documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Offer high level psychosocial support to clients on deserving cases.
- Develop work-plans and monitor implementation to ensure meeting of targets.
- Review reports from social workers to monitor caseloads of staff, service provision and expenditures for social work.
- Manage reporting and impact measurement for all the areas of social work.
- Document best practices and share with relevant agencies and donors.
- Conduct supportive supervision, working closely with M&E.
- Develop monitoring tools and disseminate job aids to social workers to capture and monitor department activities for quality and efficiency.
- Develop schedules and enforce routine.
- Ensure quality of individualized developmental services are provided.
Qualifications for the Social Worker Coordinator Job
- Degree in Community Development/ Sociology/psycho-social studies or reletae field
- Relevant certification
- Knowledge and expertise in psychology and social work matters
- Must have at least 3 years working experience in social work and psychology fields
- Counselling skills/training
- Computer literacy skills
- Facilitation/training skills
- Documentation and reporting
- Adopting practical approaches
- Examining information
- Articulating information
- Managing tasks
- Establishing rapport
- Understanding people
- Upholding standards
- Team working
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries. Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 8th January 2018.