Wealth Management Jobs at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in M-PESA Strategic Partnerships – M-PESA New Business Ventures within the Financial Services Business Division (M-PESA). In keeping with our current business needs,we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Strategic Partnerships – New Business Ventures, theposition holder will have the overall responsibility for leadingand developing the formulation of Investment and wealth creation strategy,policies and initiatives to reflect the company’s goals.
The role works withdifferent business partners, business unit partners and cross-functional teams to deliver complete and appropriate investments and wealth managementsolution that meet the customers goals, tolerance for risk and investmenttimeline
Roles for the Wealth Management Manager Job
- To identify, define and developinvestment and wealth management portfolio for Safaricom;
- To develop and launch Safaricomflagship wealth management product propositions;
- To provide market intelligence oninvestments, banking and trust concepts including, but not limited to: assetallocation on managed portfolios, brokerage accounts, portfolio reviews,deposit and loan solutions, basic trust and estate products and identificationof wealth planning opportunities;
- Be responsible for leadingcompanywide strategic initiatives on investments and related Industry;
- To collaborate with partners with newand existing partners to develop new ideas based on market research andinsights;
- To work in collaboration withcross-functional teams to ensure execution of the overall investment strategy;
- To ensure systematic and forwardthinking in the product selection for current and future needs of the customer;
- To target prospective investmentpartners based on the various propositions that are in line with the company’sobjectives;
- To conduct partner product andproposition analysis based financial information to identify opportunities forcollaboration;
- Keeping up to date with marketdevelopments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect themarkets;
- To evaluate the feasibility ofcurrent and future investment products to ensure relevance of the products;
- To help organize and lead criticalplanning meetings, status updates, business reviews and other communications;
- To engage with key influencers anddecision makers across different teams to accomplish the company’s goals;
- To assess and interpret complicatedfinancial information and translate to a consumable product;
- To collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing investment products for the company;
- To support the financial services andstrategic partnerships business in key business projects and initiatives.
Wealth Management Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field; Degree from a recognized university preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Economics;
- A Masters degreeor Chartered Financial Analyst will be an added advantage;
- At least 6-8 years’ experience in private banking or Financial Services industry,demonstrated progression and at least 3 years’ experience in a Telecommunications company handling partnerships, business development and strategy formulation;
- Must haveworking experience in private banking or Financial Services industry;
- Must have excellent financial and analytical skills.
How to Apply