Oct 2017 Tuskys Internal Audit and Compliance Manager Job Vacancy
Internal Audit and Compliance Manager employment position
Tuskys jobs recruitment Oct 2017
Job Title: Internal Audit and Compliance Manager
Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted remains to be a very strategic player in the market.
It has experienced significant growth over the last few years, leading to many opportunities coming up.
To this end, we are looking for an individual who will oversee the internal Audit Activities of the business.
Job Purpose: To give assurance that rules, procedures and regulations are being complied in a manner consistent with the organization’s objectives and policies.
- Developing the annual audit plan for approval by Management and the Board.
- Preparing and presenting quarterly audit and investigation reports to CEO and the Board
- Carrying out audit activities within Tuskys network as well as Liaising with external auditors.
- Developing an annual risk based programmes including Revenue protection controls, Cash risk protection controls and Asset risk protection controls.
- Effective and efficient planning and execution of audits and reporting in line with Business Internal Audit plans including planning, fieldwork and report drafting.
- Direct Internal Audit team and being responsible for the team delivery on all aspects of the audit plan.
- Working closely with Compliance person to ensure existing policies and procedures are appropriate and implemented correctly.
- Assessing risk across the business, developing and executing a detailed plan leveraging internal resources and enabling reviews focusing on areas of highest perceived risk.
- Ensuring that risk management/internal control remains high of the agenda for the business.
- Reviewing risk management processes, procedures and controls, with a view to providing suggestions for improvement.
- Attending to all risk reporting on key risks, audit activity, outputs, concerns, incidents of fraud and communication of status of the control environment.
- Undertaking a broad range of testing across operational and financial systems and procedures, both planned and ad hoc reviews as required.
- Establish clear communication with key stakeholders of all issues and associated risks and a link to strategic implications.
- Facilitate and contribute to the business risk assessment, management and reporting process
- Supporting change activity project work and other internal Business audit initiatives.
- Providing detailed & actionable feedback based on audit work on ways to improve operational and financial systems and procedures of the business.
- Review of the audit programs, procedures and completing continuous monitoring and issue follow up work.
- Strong academic background; – Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business or equivalent advantageous.
- Professional qualifications; – CPA (K) or ACCA Finalist.
- 6-10 years’ total experience in either an audit or finance environment in either practice or a commercial business.
- A master’s degree, CISA and experience working with an audit firm is added advantage.
- Internal Audit experience in retail, from either practice or industry.
- The ability to work autonomously and run projects to a high standard, whilst managing time successfully.
- Self-starter with strong influencing skills, the desire to challenge the status quo and identify efficiency measures across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels including Board level.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org not Later than Wednesday 25th October 2017 Close of Business.
Late applications will not be considered.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted