Olkalou Dairy FSA Accountant Job in Kenya Oct 2017
Exciting Career Opportunities at Ol Kalou Dairy (2017) limited
Company Brief: Olkalou Dairy Ltd is an established farmer owned dairy company with a membership of over 14,000 shareholders spread all over Nyandarua County. It is a vibrant enterprise currently handling over 60,000 liters of milk per day.
The company Headquarters are in Olkalou Town which is the headquarters of Nyandarua County.
It’s business revolves around milk collection, cooling and distribution, financial services, petrol station and agro vet shops and services.
The short term and medium term strategy of the company is to diversify into processing and value addition.
As part of its growth strategy the company seeks to fill the following position:-
Job Title: FSA Accountant
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Hours of Work: The job holder is required to work beyond normal working hours with no overtime payment
Job Overview: Responsible to the Senior Accountant for the forecasting of daily cash withdrawal demands, maintaining adequate liquidity reserve, requisitioning and collecting cash from the commercial banks and paying out cash to tellers for payment to the customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain adequate liquidity reserve in accordance with set rules and regulations;
- Assist in organizing mobile banking services as per market demands;
- Distribute cash to tellers as necessary and keep records of the same appropriately;
- Supervise tellers to ensure they are working according to instructions;
- Receive, record, verify and bank cheques for payment to members;
- Receive and reconcile daily teller’s reports;
- Carry out complete surprise check of each teller’s cash at least twice a month;
- Prepare for daily deposits in the commercial banks;
- Prepare daily, weekly and cash summaries and reports;
- Keep custody of cheque books and be responsible to the senior accountant for the drawing of all cheques;
- Carry out any other duty connected with cash transactions as instructed by Senior Accountant from time to time;
- Maintaining the main ledgers, preparing bank reconciliation statement, preparing income and expenditure statement and trial balance on monthly basis.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you by the Senior Accountant or any authorized officer.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance / accounting / agri-business and C.P.A. III.
- Proficiency in computer skills – MS Office Suite;
- Exposure to accounting packages like sage or pastel;
- 3 years relevant experience in a Sacco or Financial Services Organization.
How to apply:
Kindly submit your application to email@example.com indicating current and expected salary.
You can also drop your application to Ol-Kalou Dairy Limited offices in Olkalou town.
Deadline for applications is 16th October 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
‘DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES IN BOTH HARD AND SOFT COPIES’
Olkalou Dairy (2016) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer