Milk Factory Lab Technologist Job in Narok, Kenya Oct 2017
Milk Factory Employment Position
Oct 2017 Jobs opportunity for Lab Technologist
Our client, in the Dairy industry seeks to hire a professional high driven, dynamic and independent Lab Technologist to join their dedicated team
Duties & Responsibilities
- Have laboratory knowledge and experience
- Work in the factory to inspect raw material, production and final products
- Work with other staff to come up with standard operating procedures
- Conduct standardized tests on milk products, additives, and preservatives in order to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Mix, blend, or cultivate ingredients in order to make reagents
- Order supplies needed to maintain inventories in laboratories or in storage facilities
- Develop new and improved methods and systems for dairy processing and production
- Quality control, packaging, and distribution inspection to ensure high standards are maintained
- Develop SOPs, standards, safety, sanitary regulations, waste management and water supply specifications
- Working knowledge of ISO systems and TPM as well as knowledge of local OHS Act
- Knowledge of HACCP and GLP
- Handle research, development, production technology, quality control, packaging and processing of milk
- Work to improve quality of milk and microbiological composition of foods.
- Take regular product samples and perform tests
- Compute content, percentages of ingredients, formulas, or other product factors, using mathematical and chemical procedures.
- Record and compile test results, and prepare graphs, charts, and reports.
Qualifications & Skills
- Diploma in Food Science & Technology / Lab Technology
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Strong English language skills, both written and spoken and
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Knowledge of Total Quality Management
- Someone to uphold the ISO standards and assist with audits
- Able to develop products i.e. innovative and creative
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 20th October 2017.