Truck/Bus Drivers Job at AAH
The Truck/Bus Drivers will be responsible for transportation of goods, refugees/returnees and other persons or cargo authorized by the office. They will maintain the truck/bus log books; undertake minor repairs/maintenance and ensure that tools/equipment’s are kept properly. They will supervise and assist with loading and off-loading of goods at the site upon arrival as well as when picking goods.
Truck/Bus Drivers Job Responsibilities
- All trucks are correctly used for transportation of goods, refugees/returnees and other persons or cargo as authorized by the office.
- Highest maintenance standard and interval are observed.
- Daily inspection of the truck before starting the engine, checking leakages, lubricant and water levels, checks wheels and tighten all bolts and nuts.
- Truck’s tools/equipment’s as well as all official documents are kept properly.
- Truck’s gauges are working properly and that any dysfunction is immediately reported to the Logistics Officer.
- Taking account of all available information on roads conditions, accessible routes and locations.
- Truck’s logbook is always completed correctly and conscientiously in accordance with AAHI standards.
- Trucks are maintained clean all the time.
Qualifications for the Truck/Bus Drivers Job
- Secondary School Education
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver
- Good knowledge of English.
- Discipline and punctuality.
- Resilience and patience
- Familiarity with city, region
- Appropriate appearance and attire and be friendly with all passengers.
- Ensure unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately.
- Willingness to upgrade skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How to Apply
Application Instructions: Kenyan nationals and candidates currently based in Kakuma are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off their applications to Action Africa Help Kenya, Kakuma NCCK compound. The Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
Deadline for applications is 18th October, 2017. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted. AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.