Oct 2017 Innovations for Poverty Action Procurement Internship
Oct 2017 jobs recruitment at Innovations for Poverty
Oct 2017 recruitment opportunities -Procurement Internship
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Position: Procurement Intern – Field Office, Kenya
Reporting To: Procurement Associate
Start Date: 1st November, 2017
Duration: 1 Month
Deadline to Apply: 22nd October, 2017
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches and potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Role: The Procurement Intern under the general supervision of the Finance Manager and the direct supervision of the Procurement Associate and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action – Kenya policies and procedures, will assist the inventory function within IPA-K Office in (Nairobi).
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Procurement Intern to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean up IPA-K’s excel sheet records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies owned.
- Compile list of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records using excel.
- Compare current IPA inventory records such as sales within IPA (cross project transfer), new purchases, disposal and sale to IPA staff and non-staff members and match sales to payment confirmation receipts.
- Verify clerical computations against physical count of IPA-K inventory and adjusts errors in asset project categorization, year of purchase, cost of purchase, item description and condition and investigates reasons for discrepancies.
- Update information on movement or disbursement of assets/ inventory, equipment, merchandise, or supplies within IPA-K.
- Prepares report on inventory variations/ inconsistency
- Prepares list of depleted items and assess reparability of defective or unusable items.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned
- Verify current inventory data list with physical count of stock and investigate and submit report reasons for discrepancies if any.
- Minimum Diploma in procurement or supplies chain management or its equivalent
- Knowledge in record-keeping (computerized) and purchase order processing
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel
- Well organized when working under pressure
- Good spoken & written English is essential
- Strong work ethic, team player & ability to maintain a high degree of integrity & professionalism in assigned responsibilities
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Procurement Intern -Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.