Social Specialist Job at Hivos People
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change.
This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Hivos’ Strategy, Communications and Innovation Unit (SCI) plays a pivotal role in supporting Hivos staff to develop these new solutions and sharing them widely. The Social Innovation Specialist is positioned within SCI to internally increase the space for innovation and support development of new solutions as well as make connections between the external Social Innovation field and colleagues around the world. See here
Qualifications for the Social Specialist Job
- Proven track record in social innovation and social design methodologies.
- You have a can do mentality with experience in project management and the facilitation of multi-actor platforms.
- Familiar with the coaching of individuals through various innovation and program development cycles.
- Able to ‘think outside the box’ and to apply creative approaches that challenge mainstream thinking and practices. In doing so, you are able to balance power relations and ensure a strong citizens voice.
- Strong analytical skills that allow you to challenge current work practices and enhance learning amongst Hivos staff and key stakeholders.
- Flexible team player and are sensitive to different cultural environments.
- Partnership builder, able to inspire and take along various players.
- Possess university degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 7 years working experience in an international purpose-driven environment, preferably in the world of international development and social innovation.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to apply here
Job Closing Date 31/10/2017