Systems Administrator Job at Britam Kenya
Provide technical expertise and support to BRITAM Holdings PLC in the field of System Infrastructure design and administration, which includes Virtual and Physical Data center, Server Hardware, Storage and Backup Infrastructure.
Provide high-level support and technical expertise in Data Center and Server terminology, including Operating systems, Virtualization and Storage architectures.
Be responsible of ensuring that all service level agreements (SLAs) for IT Systems services across the organization are delivered according to specifications.
Systems Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Provide Microsoft Windows, Linux and UNIX platform management, configuration, design and expertise which will include Active Directory and Exchange as well as Windows, Linux and UNIX servers of various flavors, including Network Attached Storage;
- Monitor server performance and availability;
- Ensure Windows/Linux/Unix server availability compliance to Service Level Agreements;
- Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing server based applications;
- Provide metrics for capacity management purposes;
- Monitor server load and implement load balancing where appropriate;
- Support and maintain; Exchange Email Server, Active Directory and Group policy;
- Problem resolution and escalation of Windows/Linux/Unix server, storage, backup and Storage issues;
- Analysis of server and storage hardware and operating system software;
- Implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching;
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems;
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business;
- Support and installation of server and storage systems for new projects;
- To provide backup, hardware and software assurance;
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures;
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components;
- Implement and maintain system standards and procedures on system related issues;
- Monitor, administer and maintain system security; and
- Conduct proper documentation inventory of the system hardware and software.
Qualifications for the Systems Administrator Job
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Systems Administration Certifications in fields such as Microsoft, HP, IBM, VMware, Oracle technologies.
- Over 3 years’ experience with operating systems such as Windows Server, AIX, HP-UX, Redhat Linux, Operating System.
- Over 3 years’ experience in design and implementation of Computing and Storage. Infrastructures in various platforms such as IBM, HP,EMC etc.
- Over 3 years’ experience in various Data Center Virtualization Technologie.
- Knowledge of software, hardware, systems administration and network technology.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through our online career portal before October 18th 2017.