Area Sales Manager Job at Telkom Kenya
This position is responsible for understanding and developing assigned territory to maximize and grow revenue and profits through effective management of TKL partners and selling of TKL products and services to existing customers and acquiring new business in the assigned area.
This by ensuring visibility and availability of the company’s products and services in the area at all times and effectively aligning partners to meet the retail market objectives.
Responsibilities for the Area Sales Manager Job
- Grow Sales
- Within the assigned Area he/she will ensure sales growth by developing innovative ways of increasing/growing airtime sales at the
- Point of Purchase; Value added services and connections by ensuring availability of the company products at all times within the area of Accountability; Generating and analyzing qualitative performance of the business.
- Effective implementation of distribution strategy in the trade to achieve availability and grow sales within the assigned area; Follow through documented and actual implementation of trade distribution routines as per business Distribution Strategy/objectives;
- Attainment of Outlet Penetration (No. of new outlets including Non Traditional Channels); Attainment of Communicated agreed targets; Adherence and completion of Daily, monthly trade routes and attainment of distribution service targets.
- Sales Targets and Routines/ Processes
- Achievement of the area’s Monthly, Quarterly, Semi Annually or Annual sales targets. Ensure internal collaboration, team work development and implementation of key Management and sales routines; Airtime Usage and Sales; Subscriber acquisition/connection
- Implementation and adoption of approved market routines in the Area of accountability.
- Development of sales programs and branding
- Prepare, plan and execute Area Sales programs aimed at market penetration, availability of the company products and services at all time and ensure shops are well branded according to Telkom Kenya brand guidelines in order to create awareness & ensure that stores are well stocked and sell at recommended sales prices; Documented and approved Monthly/Quarterly territory Plans aligned to the Area Business Plan; Effective executed sales programs in the Area as per targets set in the plan (number and Quality/Results of promotions/Road shows held).
Qualifications for the Area Sales Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or a related field from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service, sales management or trade execution.
- Professional Knowledge
- Should be able to demonstrate experience in brand management and high level knowledge of the sponsorship environment
- Should be able to demonstrate understanding of the role of sponsorship to deliver commercial and brand objectives
- Knowledge of ethics and corporate governance ethos.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Capacity to propose solutions, make advices
- Good knowledge of different handsets and their performances, modern communication techniques: mobile fax, data transmissions
- Representing/Selling the company products to dealers, retailers; Implementing/Coordinating sales initiatives; Influencing/Advising customers on company products & services
- Problem solving/Designing solutions to sales related issues arising in the course of work to the satisfaction of customers; Planning route plans, sales promos & initiatives;
How to Apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 19th October 2017 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of yourcurrent telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.