Operations Officer Job at Watervale Investments
Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans.
We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
We are seeking an Operations Officer to take the reins of our increasingly complex operations. This is a key management and leadership role which will oversee our company’s most critical functions and advance them to the next level.
The ideal Operations Officer will master logistics, inventory and order management to efficiently and reliably deliver quality products to our customers.
Operations Officer Job Requirements
- Deliver our products when they are needed, anywhere in Kenya
- Satisfy our customers by filling all orders correctly and on-time, ensuring delivery KPIs are met
- Supervise accurate loading of company vehicles
- Plan deliveries within Nairobi and across Kenya
- Manage relationships with contracted transporters
- Ensure proper upkeep of company vehicles
- Manage company drivers and assistant drivers
- Manage and prioritize customer orders
- Accurately maintain customer order queue and prioritize orders for fulfillment
- Keep customer engagement team apprised of order status
- Coordinate order fulfillment with production team, based on factory outputs
- Manage and account for company inventory
- Receive goods against purchase orders and import records
- Oversee stock tracking, management and storage
- Take ultimate responsibility for all stock inflows and outflows
- Coordinate stock with distributors and retail outlets
- Manage warehouse team
Qualifications for the Operations Officer
- At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles.
- We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
- Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply.
- Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft
- Excel and learn new inventory software
- Strong attention to details and ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues.
- Candidates with at least 2 years management experience will have an advantage.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Competitive salary for junior management position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s senior management.
How to Apply
Please visit the link below to apply online for this position https://goo.gl/forms/ilkdFTgMfmMUZYiz2