Oct/Sept 2017 Terre des hommes (Tdh) Support Services Coordinator NGO Job in Nairobi
Terre des hommes (Tdh)
Job Vacancy: Support Services Coordinator – Nairobi
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
General Conditions: Swiss salaried contract 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net / month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves, local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Duration: 3 months, renewable pending funding available.
General description of the position:
S/he supervises and organises the HR, financial and logistics departement of the delegation (both Nairobi and field bases) in close collaboration with the Country Representative, the administrative and logistics teams and HQ. S/he is the direct interface between the delegation and the headquarters and/or field financial partners as regards financial reporting.
In his/her capacity of Foundation representative, the Coordinator reports to the Country Representative and provides multi-base, multi-sponsor and/or multi-partner supervision and follow-up for the projects.
S/he is responsible for the implementation of the financial strategy of the delegation and Tdh.
S/he is in charge of the development and the managerial coordination of the administrative and logistics teams under his/her responsibility.
S/he is able to make independent decisions and actions in his/her field of activity.
S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the teams as regards the Tdh mandate and commitments and international standards.
Responsibility: Manages the programme’s financial resources
Aim: To ensure on-going sound financial management that complies with internal procedures and with the guidelines of financial partners
- Ensure the programme’s global financial monitoring (reporting)
- Ensure high quality accounting;
- Ensure high quality cash management in accordance with security considerations and program needs;
- Ensure compliance with financial rules in the management of the programme’s main partnerships;
- Ensure that each budget holder has received adequate training for managing their budget and codifying expenditure correctly;
- Manage and facilitate external audits, internal control and fraud prevention.
Activities specific to institutional donors:
- Ensure the production of budget forecasts, the implementation and monitoring of the programme’s budget and reporting;
- Produce correct and timely financial information to complete proposals and financial reports;
- Produce competitive budgets designed to secure funds from donors;
- Facilitate the establishment of country strategy by making the financial information and analysis available.
Responsibility: Implement the programme’s HR strategy (pay, social and training policies) and ensure implementation of HR processes.
Aim: equitable treatment of staff and efficient HR management in support of the programme
- Help define pay, social and training policies;
- Define and implement the corresponding HR processes;
- Manage national staff recruitment and assessment processes;
- Ensure the administrative management of programme staff;
- Ensure the management of medical evacuations for expatriate staff and the management of accidents and serious incidents.
Responsibility: Guarantee compliance with the programme’s administrative and legal framework
Aim: TdH presence is secure from a legal standpoint
- Guarantee the correct archiving of the organisation’s documents;
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (HR, administrative, financial, etc.), referring to local expertise if required (lawyers, employment inspectors, etc.);
- Keep a watch on NGO forums, take part in the activity of networks on legal and HR aspects;
- Follow up partnership contracts and ensure they comply with internal rules and donor obligations.
Responsibility: Oversee the mission’s logistics management (procurement, equipment, fleet of vehicle, stocks, bases) in compliance with internal and donor procedures
Aim: To ensure an efficient logistics management that guarantees a smooth-running of projects
- Participate to opening the bases if needed: premises selection, procurement, equipment, hiring staff;
- Define the logistics action plan (procurement plan, logistics objectives and priorities);
- Ensure the implementation of logistics procedures (procurement, equipment, vehicle fleet and stocks…) and carry out internal control;
- Write out the call for tender;
- Together with the Country Representative, ensure the correct security management of the delegation;
- Support national logistics team in their daily organization and priorities.
Responsibility: Manage the delegation’s administrative and logistics team
Aim: Develop the team’s autonomy and performance
- Supervise and lead the administrative and logistics team, set objectives and appraise staff under direct line management;
- Support to manage staff contracts (leave, end of trial period, etc.); if the need arises, co-validate disciplinary procedures with the Country Representative
- Monitor the team’s career development: define training needs, provide training and capacity building and provide guidance on professional development.
In his/her professional activities, adhere to the values of commitment, expertise, integrity and self-reliance;
Work in different cultural backgrounds and in difficult situations, deal with confrontation due to differences (intercultural).
Abuse Prevention Policy (CSP) – Operational Risk Management
Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy;
Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Professional diploma or university degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Audit
- Sound knowledge of Program Cycle Management, institutional donors financial rules and requirements (especially EU, BPRM, UN agencies)
- At least 5 years of international experience in a similar position with an INGO is mandatory
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Knowledge of SAGA and Homère Software
- Goal oriented and proactive with very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capacity building skills and demonstrable team-working skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work in a time-limited manner
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and rigorously
- Good diplomacy skills, flexibility and sense of humor
Fluent in English (written and spoken). Knowledge of French is an asset.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011. Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implements health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing date to apply for this position is 5th October 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.