HJFMRI Contracts and Grants Officer Job in Nairobi- Kenya Sept/Oct 2017
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. (HJFMRI) has the following vacancy within the Africa Regional Office based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Re-Advertisement: Contracts and Grants Officer
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to global medical research programs.
Through funding agreements through the US Government, HJFMRI provides administrative support for research activities related to HIV, malaria, TB and other infectious diseases.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the department in all contracts/subcontracts/grants and sub-awards related functions.
- By working closely with the various programs and under the supervision of the supervisor, ensure compliance by creating a project expense tracker.
- Assist the department in RFP, RFQ and RFI processes.
- Assist the department in researching and developing adequate sources of supply and services and evaluate the financial stability of potential suppliers/collaborators.
- Assist in the review of new contracts, contract renewals and associated documents; provide fact-based recommendations to internal stakeholders for constructing the best overall strategic buy decisions.
- Verify subcontractor’s status in System for Award Management (SAM) to ensure subcontractor is in good standing.
- Ensure accurate records of all the sub agreements are maintained to comply with audit requirements.
- Coordinate audit requests and work with the auditors to address any audit related questions.
- Assist in obtaining and maintaining interim progress reports from the partners/collaborators
- Assist the department in closeout processes by obtaining all required documentation
- Ensure all relevant procedures/guidelines and policies are kept on file and are current
- Ensure compliance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures.
- Work very closely with the foundation’s relevant departments at HQ.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Contract/Grant Manager.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- CPA-K, ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years program and/or contract management experience.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications – Proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel is required.
- No criminal record.
- Team player with high integrity, strong written and oral communication and decision making skills
- Possess in depth knowledge of contract terms and conditions and contract law
- Excellent negotiating, collaborating and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment under minimal supervision.
Terms of Employment: Reports to the Contracts and Grants Manager.
How to Apply:
Submit CV, Cover Letter and List of References to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 6, 2017
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.