Oct 2017 Save the Children Finance Officer Job in Kenya
Save the Children
Job Vacancy: Finance Officer
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: As part of RMCPU Finance you will be responsible for providing support in financial management and monthly processes.
The position will assist the Finance team in achieving departmental goals by ensuring accurate reporting and compliance with financial controls and standards.
Under the direction of the Head of Support Services, the Finance Officer will work closely with Regional Finance, support services in ensuring that RMCPU finances are well recorded and expensed.
The FO will be responsible for supporting the team to adhere to all Finance management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors.
This role will work closely with Head of Programmes and Program Implementation/Program Operations on financial reporting, monitoring and analysis and compliance processes.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Location: East & Southern Africa Regional Office- Nairobi Kenya
- Professional qualification in Business, International Development, Finance/Accounting or similar
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance and/or experience working in a related role
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
- Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches
- Strong analytical skills, computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work well with a team and establish relationships with other teams/offices
- Cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Experience working with implementing partners and managing sub awards/grants
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents