Lwala Community Alliance Manager for Talent Development and Engagement Job Vacancy Aug 2017
Lwala Community Alliance Career recruitment Aug 2017
Recent Job position at Lwala Community Alliance (Lwala) 2017
We are hiring a
Manager for Talent Development and Engagement!
About us: Lwala Community Alliance (Lwala) is a community-led innovator proving that when communities lead, change is drastic and lasting.
About the role: As Talent Manager you will be responsible for building and maintaining a highly skilled, committed, motivated and productive workforce which can turn our dream into reality.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure each staff member understands their role and expected results clearly as roles change when the organization evolves
- Mentoring people to grow into their roles and helping them overcome concerns
- Coordinate the annual Performance Appraisal Process in a way that drives behaviours and learning (beyond filling in templates)
- Come up with creative approaches to L&D and ensure all individuals have meaningful and challenging personal learning plans
- Ensuring L&D activities are aligned to the training budget and are approved by the staff development committee
- Hold exit interviews and drawing recommendations for future hires and talent strategy
- Drive conversations on Lwala’s mission and values to ensure that everyone is aligned to the purpose and values
- Develop and implement systems that ensure two-way communication across the organization
- Come up with effective retention strategies that ensure predictability of the terms of service in the team, where people buy into the organization’s mission and see themselves grow and stay
- Implement the full team meetings and find other ways of keeping staff updated and engaged
- Encourage team building through meetings, workshops and other activities
- Assess talent needs that match the aspirations of the organization
- Build a talent pool and database through proactive approaching of candidates, partnerships, internships, employer branding initiatives etc
- Develop innovative recruitment systems which ensure we attract the best in the field
- Coordinate the hiring of medical and other staff on a regular basis
- Screening and selection of new staff (organizational culture, skills, motivation)
- Implement effective on-boarding practises to improve retention
- Champion talent management mindset across the organization. Advise line managers on practices to ensure effective supervision and motivation of staff
- Provide HR related input to strategies, plans and processes
- Keep track of progressive HRM trends and advise management.
- Act as a change management agent
- Anticipate talent needs and develop succession plans
- Engage managers to ensure proper implementation of processes and policies
- Effective handling of all grievance and disciplinary matters with due diligence and integrity
- Oversee compensation and reward procedures, ensure proper OSHA practices.
- Creation and implementation of the HR budget (medical, training etc). Flag arising risks
- Track HR indicators and prepare reports as per schedule
- Champion staff welfare incl. life skills mentoring and training
- Continuously improve the existing HR manual and policies in line with laws and best practices
- Advise management on disciplinary and termination, ensure all relevant laws are abided by
- Ensure proper HR records and database
- A champion and thought leader for innovative talent management. You see HR as a key for an organization to become more professional and effective
- You have demonstrated strong leadership, strategic and business management abilities in the past. You have successfully championed team work
- At least 5-7 years of total work experience, with at least two years in a similar position in a busy organization with at least 30 staff members
- People find you approachable and you hold conversations with all types of people: from the village to the board room
- You have used your mentorship, counselling, negotiation and mediation skills in teams and communities before to ensure win-win outcomes for employees and employer
- You pride yourself in your creative approach to Learning & Development with limited budget and want to create a learning culture from the typical Kenyan “certificate culture”
- You have handled discplinary and grievance cases
- You have actively driven recruitment, HR procedures and performance management
- You are a strong analytical and dynamic thinker
- The ideal candidate has experience in both, nonprofit and forprofit organizations. Experience in the healthcare sector is an advantage but not a requirement.
- You hold a relevant bachelor’s degree and/or a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management. You are a certified by a relevant regulator, e.g. IHRM membership
- You proactively initiate action when you see a problem, regardless of whether it is “your job” or not. You enjoy working with minimal supervision.
- You have genuine passion, love and respect for the people we serve
- You have clear communication and can work with people from diverse cultures
- You believe that change is possible through collaboration and consultation rather than hierarchies and using power
Want to apply?
Selection process in collaboration with edge