The person will be responsible for the daily care and training of the dogs kept under their supervision.
Responsibilities for the Kennel Manager & Instructor Job
- Oversee the dogs kept in their kennels to ensure that they are cared for properly. Kennel managers may be involved with scheduling boarding appointments, cleaning cages and runs, grooming, bathing, feeding, exercising, medicating, and monitoring the behavior of boarded dogs.
- In boarding kennels that operate as a part of a veterinary clinic, the kennel manager may be responsible for helping handle and restrain dogs for procedures performed by the vet during their stay.
- Dog training services while dogs are being boarded, involved with performing or supervising training activities.
- Responsible for training and supervising all staff (both paid and volunteer) in the implementation of their duties; including preparing weekly staffing schedules as well as ensuring that all of the daily/weekly tasks (yard rotations, individual services, daily cleaning, weekly cleaning, etc…)
- Oversight/monitoring of documentation of health check/medication administration for facility dogs.
Requirements for the Kennel Manager & Instructor Job
- No degree or formal training is required
- Successful applicants have a solid background working with dogs professionally
- Useful prior experience may include work in a Security, Police, Military or Private Company in a Similar Position.
How To Apply
If you feel you fit this role,please click here to apply.