The position is responsible for credit control and collection of premium as per the credit policy, prompt intermediary accounts statements issuance and reconciliations and processing of commissions and returns in a timely manner.
Unit: Credit Control
Reports To: Team Leader Finance
Assistant Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Collection of outstanding premium and reduce the debtor days to 55.
- Send out monthly debtor statements by 5th of the following month.
- Timely processing of intermediary’s commissions by 10th of the following month whilst ensuring all the agents are properly licensed.
- Reconcile assigned debtor’s accounts on a monthly basis and share with BST’S and counter parties.
- Resolve any reconciliation issues in a timely manner.
- Check and confirm premium position before any claims are settled
- Liaise with treasury and ensure all collections are receipted and transferred promptly.
- Ensure deductions from commissions are accounted for / remitted immediately
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual returns to IRA, KRA and any other body are filed in a timely manner and within the due date.
Liaison with other departments
- Liaise with all the BSTs and branches to ensure integrity of the outstanding premium data
- Liaising with the medical division for reconciliation and collections.
- Liaising with ICT for development of user reports as may be required from time to time
- Ensuring that all enquiries by intermediaries and BMs are recorded/ responded to within the set turnaround time.
- Regular briefing to the Supervisor on individual activities and making consultations on matters pertaining to the department
- Maintaining cordial relations with intermediaries and internal clients.
- Must be willing to go the extra mile to serve clients and intermediaries in a timely and accurate manner.
Qualifications for the Assistant Accountant Job
- Degree in a business related field
- Professional in accountancy is a must
- 2 to 3 years general credit and reconciliation experience
- Administrative skills
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your application with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday Friday 17th February.