Co-operative Bank UNIX & Storage Engineer Job in Kenya Jan 2017
Jobs opening : UNIX & Storage Engineer Vacancy in Kenya Jan 2017
Co-operative Bank New job position 2017
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to the various applications and databases running on the infrastructure stack. This includes systems logs, events and event correlation and maintaining performance statistics and setting baseline statistics
- Monitor and manage the high availability components including powerHA, GPFS for mission critical servers.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans and ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning properly
- Allocate and manage Data Storage Systems including SAN, NAS, Tape Libraries, etc and perform server/storage tasks such as systems design, capacity planning, maintenance, trouble shooting, and change control activities.
- Take lead role in the various I.T. audits in providing necessary information and enforcing closure of audit, change management and compliance issues
- Manage key I.T. risks for all servers, storage & backup sub-systems and ensure proper mitigation.
- Take lead role in BCP and disaster recovery preparedness through periodic testing as scheduled, update of disaster recovery procedures and sharing the results with management
- Team up with applications support, development and DBA team in the development, implementation, management applications, infrastructure, and monitor system health in order to proactively identify weaknesses and address them.
- Create new LPARs using best practice, ensure compliance with IBM license agreements and maintain upgrades and critical patches
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation, including security standards, procedures & definitions and maintain all technical documentation relating to server/storage management.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure system integrity and security.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with vendors, consultants and other outside entities providing services to the bank. monitor performance of the SLAs to ensure that the server 7 storage stacks gets maximum value from the services
- Handle queries from application/DBA support, resolve problems in a timely manner and advice accordingly.
- 24/7 availability for support of the bank’s mission critical systems.
- Continually monitor security events in the systems, take corrective actions and generate reports for management.
- Keep abreast of latest security, legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities and plan proactive actions accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role with hands on experience in planning, systems analysis, design, support and development in server/storage/backup infrastructure.
- A specialist in IT/ Engineering background with competences in EMC storage, Linux, IBM AIX, IBM DS8800, IBM TSM and project management.
- Excellent knowledge of ICT system architectures, platforms and Infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and correlate complex data.
- Good knowledge of various storage and server performance monitoring tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues.
- Excellent knowledge of the bank’s information security policy and the legal implications.
We are an equal opportunity employer.