Swissport Warehouse Team Leader Job at JKIA, Nairobi, Kenya Dec 2016
Current Employment : Warehouse Team Leader Vacancy in Kenya Dec 2016
Recruitment Vacancy : Swissport career opening
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for around 230 million passengers and 4.1 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 835 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 280 airports in 48 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at our warehouse located at Terminal 3 – Cargo Section – Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Team Leader – [1 Post]
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff engagement – provide direction and guidance to a team pre, during and post flight towards achieving operational excellence.
- Develop and foster good relations with customers, authorities and industry stakeholders.
- Provision of excellent customer service through various customer touch points i.e. face to face, email and telephone interactions.
- Provision of accurate information to accounts to enable correct billing.
- Team management and resource planning through effective duty allocations.
- Ensure implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure proper reporting of shift operations to the Operations Managers.
- Ensure proper documentation has been generated, checked and confirmed for goods passing through our warehouse.
- Maintain general security of the warehouse in accordance with SCS procedures.
- Observe health & safety measures to ensure and maintain safe working conditions.
- Ensure full compliance to Customer Airline and Regulatory requirements.
- Education: KCSE Mean C+, IATA Cargo certification and computer proficiency.
- Professional Experience: Aviation industry experience preferred/Management course.
- Experience: At least 2 years in a busy operational environment.
- Proven track record in managing teams and operating in a cargo environment is an added advantage.
- Excellent communications skills.
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Be part of the team that is recognized worldwide for excellence and quality!
Closing Date: December 29th 2016