SACCO Credit Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya Dec 2016
New job position at Credit Officer in Kenya Dec 2016
SACCO Employment Vacancy in Kenya Dec 2016
Credit Officer – (For Medium Size Sacco in Nairobi)
Our client a medium sized Savings & Credit Cooperative Society (SACCO) wishes to recruit a competent individual to fill the position of Credit Officer
Primary Responsibility: Support the implementation of Credit Policy, with a focus on maintaining a low net bad debt, reducing risk and maximize shareholders wealth.
This will entail developing and executing the company’s recovery and debt collection efforts.
- Monitoring and rehabilitating delinquent accounts
- Maximizing recoveries from written off accounts.
- Monitor and send notices to delinquent members and make prompt follow ups on the same.
- Work closely with debt collection agencies to maximize recoveries.
- Trace / locate missing debtors/ defaulters, subsequent recoveries and receipting of the collected money
- Ensure company debts are recovered on time and efficiently.
- Develop relationships with the police, local administration and other government agencies necessary to aid collection.
- Coordinate daily execution of debt follow up by phone, visits and recovery.
- Negotiate repayment plans with delinquent members.
- Address any customer complaints conclusively within a week that arising out of interaction with the defaulters.
- Maintain an updated database of all assigned accounts and collections done with specific dates.
- Submit detailed weekly reports to the Credit Manager on a weekly basis accounting for impact of his/her activities on general Loan Book.
Experience, Knowledge and Abilities
- At least two (2) years’ experience in debt recovery & credit management, preferably in a Sacco.
- Proactive and good analytical skills, ability to make decisions, strong communication skills, self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal and member service skills, high degree of integrity and commitment as well as the ability to work with strict deadlines.
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications
- At least a diploma in credit management, however a degree will be an added advantage,, proficient in all MS Office applications
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae indicating their daytime telephone contacts, current remuneration and expected remuneration to: email@example.com by 28th December 2016