Co-operative Bank Corporate Banking Relationship Officer Job in Kenya Dec 2016
Corporate Banking Relationship Officer Job vacancy in Kenya 2016
Co-operative Bank Current open jobs in Kenya Dec 2016
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
We are looking for people who do things differently and who go the extra mile to make sure our clients have the best to succeed.
Reporting to Head Corporate Banking with a dotted reporting line to a Relationship Manager, the Relationship Officer will support relationship/Account Manager in credit analysis.
- ?Carry out Loan application analysis and completion. Follow through the credit application from the proposal stage to disbursement. This will entail obtaining all the necessary documents for a thorough analysis of a facility request as per the bank’s Lending manual & credit policy, Spread the information in Finales and comprehensively analyse the spreads and Engage Product technical teams on specialized credit facility structuring, obtain its’ approval/decline then advise the customer via an appropriate letter of offer/letter of reject. Where the loan is approved, ensure that the securities are in place, proper charging done, the facility insurance obtained and the compliance certificate completed.
- Perform credit analysis – ensure that credit proposals have been well analyzed and presented and ensure the portfolio under management remains of good quality and as per the bank`s credit policy by monitoring and control i.e. effectively and efficiently manage the PAR (Portfolio at Risk) Excess, and Collateral. Respond to early alert reports and promptly advice the Remedial Credit Unit clients that require their attention before the position gets from bad to worse.
- Ensure distinctive customer experience – ensure focused efficient and effective customer service frameworks which will increase the flow of business from existing customers and generate business from new customers. Obtain status reports on the client, directors, guarantors if any, suppliers etc. and make regular customer visits and ascertain the level of activities, stocks etc. and analyze annual/management reports on annual/quarterly basis as well as interrogate account plans to ensure all leads identified are closed. Make follow ups on issues raised/captured under the call report with the customer/person/relevant department.
- Prepare Limit review reports and effectively advise the RMs and ARMs on renewal of overdraft limit expiry dates to ensure timely review of overdraft limits as well as ensure pre-approval of excesses. Ensure the land rates and rent, Insurance certificates, Valuation reports are up to date.
- Ensure data integrity of the Department Asset and Contingent book in terms of interest rates, Corp flags, ARO (Account Relationship Officer) codes, Base codes etc. Ensure proper ARO coding to avoid income leakage and perform portfolio audit review and implementation to ensure the department maintains a rate not lower than satisfactory.
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Business/Commerce/Economics or a degree in a science or other related field where analytical skills are gained.
- At least three (3) years of frontline experience in Credit Management or Credit Analysis preferably in the Banking industry.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of market’s regulatory framework, operations and practices.
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent report writing & Presentation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of financial analysis and cash flow projections.
We are an equal opportunity employer.