Logistics Officer Job in Kampala, Uganda November 2016
Career Recruitment : Logistics Officer work in Uganda Nov 2016
Job Opportunity : Logistics Officer Vacancy in Kampala 2016
Position: Logistics Officer
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary: UGX 700,000 – 1,000,000
Key Requirement: A local Ugandan
Summary: Our client a Multinational Agricultural company seeks to recruit a logistics officer to work in Kampala Uganda.
The successful candidate must be a local Ugandan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working hand in hand with the clearing agents;
- Submit all documents required to in the process of clearing good from Mombasa to Kampala.
- Keep track on the shipment date, time and place
- Coordinate with the transportation company
- Allocating and recording the movement on the transport planning system.
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Following up on the issuance of the import permits with the ministry of Agriculture.
- Following up on the registration process of Veterinary and other samples that require field studies.
- Responsible for the purchase of stationary and other office supplies.
- Communicating effectively with clients and respond to their requirements.
- Determining priorities, developing work schedules, and assigning work to subordinates based upon available manpower and resources
- Ensuring accurate completion of all the tasks to include the proper documentation of materials and cost expenditures
- Maintaining a close continuing relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to remain current and keep abreast of market conditions
- Maintains required administrative files and records
Key Requirements and Skills
- Diploma/Degree in Warehousing, Purchasing, Logistics or Procurement
- 3-5 Years of experience in a busy working environment in the same capacity
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Mature, responsible and well organized
If qualified send CV stating your experience, skills and qualifications to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.