UNES Arziki Restaurants Food and Beverage Supervisor Job in Nairobi Kenya October 2016
Jobs opening : Food and Beverage Supervisor Vacancy in Nairobi Oct 2016
Employment Vacancy : UNES Arziki Restaurants recruitment Oct 2016
The Food and Beverage Supervisor shall report to the Manager, Arziki Restaurants
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the restaurant, conference and catering activities.
- Supervise all Food and Beverage staff to ensure professional and quality service is provided.
- Maintain Restaurant inventory, cleanliness, food rotation and menu consistency.
- Maintain all policies and procedures.
- Assists in execution of administrative functions such as reporting, forecasting, quality assurance and departmental meetings.
- Ensure set performance targets for food and beverage staff are met and carry our performance appraisal.
- Follow up to ensure restaurant licenses are up-to-date and properly displayed.
- Identify staff training needs.
- Ensure maintenance of the desired customer satisfaction levels.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to restaurants machinery and equipment maintenance schedules.
- Ensure proper handling and accountability of food and beverage equipment.
- Work with Kitchen Supervisor to ensure high quality food is produced and is as per customer requirements, expectations and presentation.
- Provide assistance to the F&B Management in all menu preparations, kitchen rules, service standards, cleanliness and inventory controls for F&B.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene and safety is maintained in the restaurant.
- Degree in Hospitality or equivalent or a Degree in Business management plus a Diploma in Food and Beverage management or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- KCSE C+(plus) or equivalent.
- Minimum Three (3) years work experience as a Food and Beverage Supervisor or equivalent.
- Position in a busy 3 to 5 stars Restaurant.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Computer Literacy.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to guide and supervise staff.
- Must be conversant with food and beverage cost control and accountability.
- Innovation and quality conscious.
- Good food presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure & long hours.
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (DOWNLOAD: Applicants Personal Data form UNES FM A 022).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before October14, 2016
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer.