SHOPS Plus Project Operations Consultant recruitment in Kenya October 2016
Career recruitment : SHOPS Plus Project Operations Consultant Vacancies Oct 2016
Recent Job position : SHOPS Plus Project Operations Consultant work in Kenya
Background: The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus project is USAID’s global flagship initiative in private sector health.
Analysis of DHS data shows that the private sector is an important source of family planning users around the world, especially for youth populations. ,
- Ugaz, JI, M Chatterjee, JN Gribble, S Mitchell. 2015. Regional trends in the use of short-acting and long-acting contraception accessed through the private and public sectors. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- SHOPS Project. 2015. Reaching Youth with Modern Contraception. Bethesda, MD: Strengthening Health Outcomes through the Private Sector, Abt Associates.
The pilot will have four phases:
- Pilot design: Work with relevant stakeholders to develop a recruitment strategy identify pharmacies to target for participation; agree to reporting requirements; identify current barriers to reporting among pharmacies; and adapt systems to connect with DHIS2 platform for pilot.
- Recruitment of drug shops and pharmacies: Develop and use a business case that outlines the potential benefits for providers from improving their reporting of routine data to recruit participants for pilot that vary in terms of size, type, location, etc.
- Pilot implementation: During this period, SHOPS Plus will provide technical assistance to the pilot facilities, public sector officials, and other stakeholders to facilitate reporting of FP statistics. Activities will include training participating providers on the reporting requirements and systems, providing supervision and mentorship to pilot participants, review reports for data quality issues, and troubleshoot any problems. The consultant will also facilitate between SHOPS Plus project staff, Ministry of Health officials, and pilot participants to ensure that all participating pharmacies and drug shops have access to the necessary registers, as well as data collection and reporting forms. The implementation will be broken up into two phases: a 1-2 month training period followed by a 6-month pilot period.
- Pilot learning: Over the course of the pilot period, SHOPS Plus will analyze collected data to determine if there are changes in the amount, quality (e.g., accuracy, precision, completeness, timeliness, consistency, etc.), frequency, and usability of data from participating facilities in the public sector HMIS.
- Coordinate activities in and communication to participating pharmacies and chemist (12 days)
- Schedule and co-ordinate meetings (3 days)
- Support training activities related to the DHIS 2 Pilot (5 days)
- Manage database of support to pharmacies (5 days)
- Manage database of support to specific personnel in pharmacies (5 days)
- Participate in management meetings when required (3 days)
- Establish a liaison service for participating pharmacies (6 days)
- Log requests for support and schedule support to pharmacies (3 days)
- Provide logistics support across DHIS 2 activities as needed (5 days)
- Record of requests from pilot participants
- Database of support provided to pilot participants
- Notes and records from meetings as required
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects and knowledge of USAID procurement regulations
- Superior organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Experience coordinating large numbers of stakeholders from multiple organizations