International Rescue Committee Senior Field Coordinator Job in Kenya October 2016
Current Employment : Senior Field Coordinator Vacancy Oct 2016
Recruitment Vacancy : International Rescue Committee Latest jobs 2016
Responsibilities and specific tasks:
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation of all programs in the field site, providing constructive supervision to the program managers to implement, monitor and evaluate work plans and monitoring &evaluation mechanisms as agreed with the Deputy Director Programs.
- In close collaboration with relevant Technical Coordinator(s), lead the field-based teams in the development of new proposals and initiatives for the Kakuma field site in accordance with the country program strategic plan and IRC program framework.
- Participate in the development of budgets for program proposals in conjunction with the grants and finance departments.
- In close coordination with the Grants department and the relevant Technical Coordinator(s), lead field-level Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings.
- Review operational aspects of internal and external reports from the field site and ensure timely submission as required
- Lead review of Budget vs. Actual expenditure on a monthly basis with staff, ensuring timely and accurate feedback to the relevant Technical Coordinator(s) and the Grants, Finance and Supply Chain departments.
- In collaboration with the Technical Coordinator(s) address any over/under expenditure issues through jointly developed corrective plans.
- Ensure appropriate M&E activities are carried out regularly by program staff in all sectors (data collection & analysis, monitoring of project progress against established work plans, monitoring of established indicators and utilization of results to inform program (re-)design);
- Support in Identifying gaps in M&E systems and make recommendations for improvements;
- Support the integration of program activities to create coherent, quality and complimentary programming; Specific focus to ensure strong integration of program support functions with direct program related activities
- Participate in workshops at field level to establish and monitor annual operating plans for the strategic plan;
- Ensure that all project activities are consistent with established best practices and IRC’s Program Framework principles.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure all staff in the field site know and understand IRCs Global and in-country HR Policies and the IRC Way Standards for professional Conduct. Document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the Senior HR Coordinator in a professional manner and in line with the letter and spirit of the relevant policy.
- Ensure the Performance Management cycle is implemented and documented timely for all staff in the field site. Ensure feedback from technical coordinators is sought and incorporated in performance management cycles of program managers and heads of department, including but not limited to technical performance and capacity building needs.
- Provide direct supervision to the field site’s HR lead, ensuring recruitment, staff orientation, and payroll preparation, leave management and exit management processes are carried out timely and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff have capacity development plans in place based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise. Work with the appropriate technical resource (for example the Technical Coordinators) to achieve this
- In close coordination with the Finance department, lead the development and management of annual, comprehensive and inclusive field operating budgets.
- Oversee the financial management of field office operations by the Program Managers, and the Finance staff, including cash management, issuing and tracking advances, ensuring complete and correct use of all finance forms; timely notice to Nairobi of cash transfer needs;
- Ensure proper financial, supply chain and ICT management systems and control mechanisms are in place and adhered to in line with the IRC’s global and in-country finance and supply chain policies.
- Oversee the carrying out of supply chain support operations by Kakumasupply chain staff, including procurement (both local and through Nairobi), stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment);
- Provide supervision and leadership to the field site’s finance and supply chain teams.
- Review and ensure timely submission of monthly and annual finance and supply chain reports from the field site as required.
- Act as IRCs Security Focal Point for the field site.
- Ensure all staff in the field site know and understand IRC Kakuma‘s security regulations; Document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the Security Manager.
- Monitor the Kakuma security situation, attend security meetings and inform the Security Manager, and SMT where appropriate, of developments through submission of accurate weekly and –where needed- ad-hoc security and incident reports.
- Participate in the review and update of the country Security Management Plan.
- Assist the Security Manager in developing field specific Contingency Plans, Medevac, Evacuation Plans and SOPs.
- Assist the Security Manager with developing training plans for staff and conducting trainings.
- Represent the IRC with local government authorities (administrative, sectoral and security officials), non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors at the field site level. Engage and or delegate to program staff for sector representation as appropriate.
- Represent the IRC with beneficiaries and communities to encourage accountability to those we serve
- Upon request by the Senior Management Team, organize and facilitate field visits for stakeholders interested in IRC’s Kakuma response.
- Coordinate IRC program activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies;
- Assist in the preparation of regular reports to keep partners and stakeholders informed of IRC’s activities;
- Strategic Leadership in effective program design and implementation, grant compliance with key focus on the IRC Country Strategic Plan and the IRC Global Program Framework.
- Effective representation of the IRC in key forums (GoK, Partners, stake holder, donor) articulating IRC programming, country strategies and seeking to strengthen coordination/partnerships.
- Continuously monitoring and analysis of the Humanitarian situation/context of Turkana County to inform on strategic design of the IRC programming.
- Continuously monitoring and analyzing the safety and security situation within the County that would inform on development of contextual Advisories and SOPs that would ensure staff safety during all IRC operations.
- Optimal and effective resource utilization in the overall IRC operations through implementation approaches in both programming and operations
- Contribute towards development of the IRC policies, procedures and ensure adherence and compliance by all field staff
- Graduate degree in Development Studies, International Relations or similar OR relevant technical qualification (Health, Engineering, Livelihood, Gender etc) preferred.
- At least 5 years experience of implementing multi-sectorial humanitarian relief or development projects in Africa or similar context preferred.
- Experience of working in complex emergency settings implementing and managing either Primary Health, WASH, GBV, Livelihoods, Nutrition or HIV/AIDS programs in emergency or refugee settings.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with and coordinating with international and national partner organizations.
- Experience managing a UNICEF, PEFPAR/CDC, USAID, ECHO, DFID, EU or OFDA funded project an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Budget development, and strong budget management experience
- Excellent org. skills with demonstrated ability to manage large amounts of information and prioritize work
- Good security management skills preferred.
- Good working knowledge of communications systems (satellite communications, VHF and HF radio) preferred.
- Good working knowledge of computer software: MS Word, Excel & email applications required; MS Access, Project & GIS preferred.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Willingness to live and productively work in insecure, unstable and/or harsh environments
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Desire to learn
- Cultural sensitivity
How to Apply
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.