UNES Assistant Bookstore Managers and Sales Associate Jobs in Kenya Sept 2016
Jobs opportunity : Assistant Bookstore Managers and Sales Associate Vacancies Sept 2016
Recruitment Position : UNES Latest careers Sept 2016
Assistant Manager, Bookstore
- Develop and ensure implementation of the Regional Budget, Business Plans, Work Plans and processes to achieve the desired Cash Flow and Profitability
- Develop and ensure implementation of Regional Marketing Strategies to ensure set Financial Targets are achieved
- Efficient monitoring of UON Key Accounts
- Manage up- stream supply chain relationships
- Identify product improvements or new products by reviewing the industry trends, market activities and competitor analysis
- Set performance Targets, Monitor and Coach Staff to meet their Performance Targets
- Collection of debts for the Regional Bookstore
- Ensure accountability and proper systems and controls at the Regional Bookstore
- Coordinate activities of the Sales Associates and ensure timely servicing of customer orders
- Confirmation of daily balancing of cash and revenue collections and preparation of performance Reports
- Implement & monitor the Bookstore quality Management system to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
- Identify the Regional Bookstore risks, monitor and evaluate the mitigation measures
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory & regulatory requirements
- Any other duties assigned by the Bookstore Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Business Management or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in a management role in a busy Commercial Organization
- Strong project management/organizational skills
- Commercial awareness/ Business Acumen, Organizational and Planning skills
- Good team work, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Creative, with an understanding of customer segmentation
- Computer literate
- KCSE mean grade “C” (Plain)
- Conduct market research to identify business opportunities, recommending profit and service improvements
- Organization of book displays and exhibitions and actively seeking out new sales opportunities through direct selling, networking and social media
- Manage shop floor re-order levels to ensure adequate quantities of goods in stock, conduct random stock counts, and initiation of re-stocking processes
- Prepare reports sales activity reports and performance reports for Sales Associate II
- Identify product improvements or new products by reviewing the industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Managing on lines sales leads, responding to inquiries in a timely fashion and answering questions on available stock and product performance
- Coordinating with ICT officer to update the Bookstore website
- Responding to Bookstore incoming sales emails and phone enquiries ensuring timely response to customer request for Quotations and invoicing
- Provision of excellent customer service by addressing and resolving customer queries/issues in a timely manner
- Liaising with procurement Officer to check the progress of placed orders
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the assistant Manager, Bookstores
- A Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- KCSE with a Mean Grade of “C” or equivalent
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in a bookstore or retail shop/store
- Ability to work long hours under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Computer Literate
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download HERE).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.