ICRC Electrical Maintenance Responsible Job in Nairobi Kenya September 2016
Jobs description : Electrical Maintenance Responsible Vacancy in Nairobi
Recruitment Vacancy : ICRC latest jobs
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Somalia delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and motivated person to fill the position of:
Electrical Maintenance Responsible
The Electrical Maintenance Responsible is responsible for maintenance and repairs of electrical equipment and infrastructure, including air conditioning in all the Somalia-based offices and Antenna offices.
S/he will be based in the Nairobi office and will be expected to travel frequently to the field (80% of time spent in Somalia).
- Plans electrical work with the Administration Coordinator for ALL premises based in Somalia:
- Ensures that electrical network including air conditioning systems of Somalia based office structures and residencies are well-maintained, takes action on necessary improvements and preventive maintenance:
- Prepares, reads and interprets designs, drawings, bills of quantities (estimates & costing) and work progress schedules for all electrical works as requested by the Administration Coordinator:
- Responds to electrical related emergencies effectively:
- Allocates jobs to daily worker electricians and participates in rigorous supervision of work quality:
- Ensures that maintenance requests are attended to effectively and efficiently and maintains a follow up file:
- Analyses and formulates solutions for electrical works;
- Participates in sourcing for contractors, negotiates contracts, prepares contract documents, analyses, evaluates and maintains the contractors’ list for all the offices and antennas;
- Establishes, maintains and ensures adequate safety systems for the Somalia-based offices and antennas to prevent harm to staff and damage of property & equipment:
- Supervises electrical items stores:
- Drafts field trip reports based on given guidelines;
- Participates in the assessment of the electrical network in collaboration with the Head of offices;
- Ensures that electrical installations are up-to-date during visits to the offices and antennas and:
- Gives all the necessary support (both technical and advisory) to the Administrators in charge of the various offices in Somalia, with regards to the electricity
- Higher education (University or Technical College level);
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar field of activity;
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English:
- Very good computer literacy:
- Good rigor, method and analytical skills;
- Management skills:
- Strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics.
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural context of the assigned environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of Human Resources Department, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 23rd September 2016
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Note that only emailed applications will be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification,