Habitat for Humanity Programme Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya Sept 2016
Employment Position : Fresh Jobs at Habitat for Humanity in Kenya Sept 2016
New job Vacancy : Programme Assistant In Nairobi 2016
This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Program Assistant to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Position: Programme Assistant
Job Purpose: The Programme Assistant will support programmes in entering data to support tracking of activities, generate reports and provide additional support.
- Posting the Debtors repayments in the LTS (Loan Tracking System)
- Reconcile data between the LTS data and passbook data
- Disbursing loans in the System
- Extracting management reports for the programme /finance teams on regular basis
- Ensuring data integrity is maintained in the LTS
- Training users on interacting with the system
- Update user support functions in the LTS like adding a user, resetting passwords for the users etc.
- Processes loans data by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the Field Officers for resolution.
- Input debtors’ data into HFH Kenya information systems and keep a record on all individual debtors.
- Review and give final recommendation on loan applications recommended by the field officers using the loan tracking system.
- Support the Senior Programme Support Officer on financial and administration follow up from programmes.
- Participate in programme field visits as planned and agreed with the Senior Program Support Officer
- Support collection and entry of data from other ongoing activities.
- Support proposal development and generate required input from the programme database.
- Backstop the programmes information management, including documentation, correspondence and follow-ups.
- Establish and maintain an easily accessible and user friendly document retrieval system for the project’s materials which include but not limited to Power Point Slides, project documents, trip reports, consultants reports, evaluation forms, minutes of meetings and other training materials used in various activities.
- Take minutes of key meetings and document all proceedings of project planning meetings and any other program related meetings as directed by the program manager.
- Secure information by completing data base backups when required.
- Discharge other functions as may be delegated.
- Updated database for programme activities
- Prompt follow up on unreconciled items
- Update documentation of programme information
- Monthly reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics.
- Post graduate training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Financial analytical skills
- Computer skills in data management, analysis and reporting
- Good management and co-ordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit;
- Results focused, drive change / foster Innovation, customer service orientation and develop others
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Programme Assistant in donor funded Non-governmental organization.
- Past experience using statistical software, such as STATA, SPSS.
- Previous experience in capacity building and development in M&E for programmes.
- Past experience in writing project reports and M&E plans;
- Experience in developing and nurturing strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer management.
- Ability to work long and odd hours, including weekends
- High levels of integrity
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 13th September, 2016.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.