Aga Khan Foundation Senior Health Programme Officer Job in Tanzania August 2016
Jobs opportunity : Aga Khan Foundation Latest Careers 2016
Recruitment Position : Senior Health Programme Officer Job in Tanzania Aug 2016
Reporting to the Country Director, the incumbent will oversee and shape the health and nutrition programming portfolio of the Foundation in Tanzania and exposure to the East Africa region.
- Coordinate work planning and implementation of health projects with multiple implementing partners.
- Oversee the development of high quality project implementation plans, progress reports and performance monitoring frameworks.
- Track financial utilisation of projects and prepare reports to grant donors.
- Identify implementation challenges and recommend solutions.
- Provide technical oversight and quality control of health and nutrition projects.
- Lead program development and resource mobilisation for AKF’s health, nutrition and early childhood development portfolio in Tanzania.
- Implement a robust learning system for the health and nutrition sector that enables learning to inform policies, programme and practices; and
- Foster productive relationships with key stakeholders including; partner organisations, relevant ministries and government authorities, networks, working groups, policy forums, development partners, donor agencies and civil society organizations working on maternal, new born and child health, nutrition and early childhood development.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in health, nutrition or related field
- At least six (6) years of solid experience working within the health system, public health and/or project management on health and/or nutrition projects
- Experience of working with maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition programmes;
- Demonstrated capacity to write high quality reports for donor projects and analytical briefs;
- Programme development experience with ability to write strong proposals and responsive bids for new programming coupled with proven experience in budget planning, preparation of mentoring and evaluation plans
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an advantage;
- Management, leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with and manage relationships with multiple partners and coordinate activities;
- Thorough understanding of the global and national efforts on MNCH and nutrition.
- Experience of working in Tanzania or East Africa will be an advantage
Send your application including a cover letter and detailed CV, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Tuesday 13th September 2016 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100