Co-operative Bank Remittances Manager Job in Kenya June 2016
Career opportunity :Remittances Manager Vacancy June 2016
Recruitment Vacancy : Employment at Co-operative Bank in Kenya June 2016
Reporting to the Head-Diaspora banking, the Manager Remittances will be charged with the responsibility of promoting remittances from the diaspora by providing cost effective ways of sending money home and actively initiating strategic business alliances/partnerships that will lead to long term business ties with Kenyans abroad & foreign investors interested in investing in Kenya.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Support and facilitate development and implementation of section business plans.
- Support development of branch budgets and targets for integrated partners such as Western Union and MoneyGram business.
- Carry out market intelligence for purposes of collating information that will assist the bank position itself competitively in the market.
- Identify new business opportunities both internally, locally and internationally in line with product development
- Effectively manage and expand the relationships with existing remittance partners and onboard new partnerships so as to ensure business growth and continuity.
- Ensure continuous improvement in customer service and implement effective retention of customers within the remittance network.
- Provide a seamless link between agents and service providers for speedy query resolution.
- Work closely with Risk, Legal and Compliance units to ensure effective controls that mitigate business risks associated with remittance business.
- Develop and continuously review business operational policies and procedures ensuring their compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3-5 years banking experience in Remittance Management with experience in managing a team.
- Extensive knowledge of business industry trends and practices and a good understanding of legislation related to financial services and channel delivery.
- Excellent Problem analysis and solving skills coupled with strong decision making skills.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent report writing & Presentation skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to deal professionally, confidently and effectively with staff at all levels, internally and externally.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number MR/DB/2016 by 29th June, 2016.