Social and Digital Media Intern
Job Description: The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Youth Agenda’s online community.
The intern will maintain YAA’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our audience base.
He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the Youth Agenda website.
He/she will also assist in maintaining YAA’s archive of digital images, videos, and other content.
The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
- Updates Facebook and Twitter account
- Initiates conversations on Social Media
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with YAA
- Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our audience base and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction
- Taking photographs and videos during activities for posting online
- Writes articles and updates the YAA blog regularly
- Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from YAA’s activities and events
- Grows YAA online social networks by increasing fan base and interactions
- Maintains current information in Google and LinkedIn accounts
- Completes other social media projects as assigned
- Takes pictures and videos of training events to be developed into content for the YAA website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Uploads YAA photos and videos to the appropriate server or DropBox account
- Organizes and archives digital images and videos
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned
- Research regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”
- Completes other research projects as assigned
Analytics and Reporting
- Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the TAA website
- Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the YAA Facebook page
- Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the YAA Twitter page
- Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach
- Creative self starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo editing and video editing software, and internet browsers Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn
- Available to work 20-25 hours per week
Eligibility: This is a part-time internship
Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities.
Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks
This internship will benefit someone who is interested in development work, governance, youth advocacy, and journalism.
This is an unpaid internship
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications Must Include: Application for Social Media Intern in the subject line of the e-mail.
All application must be submitted by 24 November 2015