Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The World Bank’s Macro Fiscal Management (MFM) Global Practice seeks to recruit a locally hired Economist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya to work with the Macro Fiscal Global Practice team.
The MFM team in Nairobi
- provides economic analysis on a range of macroeconomic and fiscal management issues;
- supports the country teams providing World Bank assistance to Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Eritrea;
- supports Bank management with regular economic monitoring and macroeconomic modeling/forecasting;
- maintains local databases for economic and social statistics for use by Bank staff based in each of the above mentioned countries and Washington D.C.
The successful candidate will join the Macroeconomic and Fiscal Management (MFM) team in Nairobi and will report to the Practice Manager, MFM Africa.
In the day to day work, s/he will contribute mostly to the Kenya MFM team but may also take part in various teams led by different Task Team Leaders as agreed in periodic work program discussions.
The other roles and responsibilities will include:
- Support the MFM team by contributing to policy notes, studies, and regional reports on a wide range of issues and specifically on fiscal policies, tax and spending equity, natural resource revenue management, economic diversification, productivity and fiscal decentralization;
- Participate in the design, preparation and dissemination of analytical economic work and reporting;
- Contribute to the interpretation of analytical findings, formulation of key messages, and identification of policy implications and recommendations that are supported by the evidence;
- Prepare memos and briefs based on analytical findings; write assigned sections of the byannual Economic Updates and other reports
Selection Criteria and Electronic Applications:
The successful candidate should hold a Master’s Degree in Economics with at least 5 years of relevant experience with skills and experience in working on economic policy issues and data analysis. PhD would be preferred.
For the full position description, complete selection criteria and required competencies, candidates are requested to submit an application at www.worldbank.org/careers.
Click on >Current job openings > job# 151746.
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, race, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is 14th September 2015.