Clerk of Works – Dadaab
The Clerk of Works who will be based in LWF Dadaab.
Key Points of Communication: Project Coordinator and Dadaab Senior Program Officers.
- Responsible for ensuring proper implementation of funded activities in accordance with approved work plans, budgets and regulations of LWF/DWS and her partners and donors.
- To prepare, interpret and share with Project Coordinator sketches for building designs and drawings for all construction works at camp level.
- Responsible for providing Bills of quantities and other estimate costs for all constructions, the purposes of budgeting.
- Keep the Project Coordinator posted on the progress of all construction work through regular updates.
- To prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports detailing the progress and achievement of project outputs and objectives, outlining challenges and recommendations for future planning.
- Attend and Participate in sectoral and other construction related meetings at Dadaab and Camp Level.
- Coordinate all construction activities at the at the Camp and provide a communication link between contractors, laborers and all other service providers.
- Closely monitor all construction works to ensure they are done to the best achievable standards and specifications.
- Ensure that construction activities are carried out within the set time lines, addressing any short fall and ensuring that it is done in the most efficient manner
- Update the Project Coordinator on any construction developments in the respective camps, milestone achieved through submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports in a format that shall be provided by the Project Coordinator
- Supervisory support to the plant operator and the electrical technician.
- Perform any other duties assigned to them by the construction officer or designate.
- BSc. Civil & Structural Engineering / Water & Sanitation engineering.
- Computer literacy able to use the following applications
- MS office suit
- AUTO CAD + any other structural analysis soft ware
- Arch CAD.
- Minimum of two years and experience of construction supervision in a humanitarian / emergency set up is an added advantage.
- Professional experience working with international organizations/ NGO and experience of humanitarian principles, SPHERE and UNHCR standards and field security protocols and procedures.
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
- Able to work in a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines and adverse climate
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quick response experiences in humanitarian contexts.
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current / former employment and should reach the undersigned by close of business on 25th September, 2015
The Human Resources Officer,
Lutheran World Federation Kenya-Djibouti Program,
Email : Lwf.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted